Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 04-11-2022, 08:25 PM   #1
GeoffreyL.
GeoffreyL. began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Likebook Mars Upgrade Failed

I turned on my Likebook Mars after about a year of not using it. The particular app I purchased it for stopped updating due to Android Version Issues and I discovered Likebook had released an update for Android 8.1. I attempted an update using the downloads from the facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/BoyueLikebo...7619344801982/).

After the Android Tool said it was successful the device screen said erasing and I let it do that until the screen went blank. A reset led me to the "No Command" with the Android laying down. I can get it to a black screen. I tried doing the reset post by Waldy and got similar results but the start page would attempt to load ending in either a solid black screen or a "No Command" I cannot get to the recovery menu.

I have Waldy's files.
1) Driver (Bernardo)
2) Android Tool (Bernardo)
3) rkDumper_105_obc67+debug
4) Likebook_Mars_Backup_v2.2.0

The Image I am using is this - Android8.1_V3.0.0-2020102111.rar

Can someone help me get back on track? I am not computer illiterate, only android illiterate.
GeoffreyL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 11:45 PM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Likebook Mars Upgrade Failed
Look:
Instruction
Driver
Android Tool
Likebook Mars Android 8.1

Last edited by ottischwenk; 04-11-2022 at 11:56 PM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 02:41 AM   #3
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
You managed without the Mars for a year. Android 8.1 for most people makes no difference once you go through the stress of updating. My aim now is to get as much use out of my e-reader as possible before it packs in. Maybe put this down to experience and put your time to a more rewarding use?
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:07 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
You managed without the Mars for a year. Android 8.1 for most people makes no difference once you go through the stress of updating. My aim now is to get as much use out of my e-reader as possible before it packs in. Maybe put this down to experience and put your time to a more rewarding use?
Of course, that's typical advice for you again - Android 8.1 brings a lot of new reading possibilities; learning languages is also part of it.
But for someone who doesn't want to deal with Android, that's too high a gradient
Old 04-13-2022, 07:27 PM   #5
GeoffreyL.
GeoffreyL. began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
These files fixed it painlessly. Thank you so much!
GeoffreyL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 02:17 AM   #6
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Well done GeoffreyL for fixing it (and to Ottischwenk) but it's a good idea to leave things alone now. There are some great android devices but the Boyue e-readers aren't among them. Get some mileage out of it.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:37 PM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
Well done GeoffreyL for fixing it (and to Ottischwenk) but it's a good idea to leave things alone now. There are some great android devices but the Boyue e-readers aren't among them. Get some mileage out of it.
The (perhaps/possibly) better Android devices don't have an epaper screen.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:03 AM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
The (perhaps/possibly) better Android devices don't have an epaper screen.
Exactly. I find the Mars the simplest solution to read ebooks that need an app. I have good Android gadgets, but they all have poor battery life and an LCD screen, which is OK for a web page, text chat, video, chat, email etc but abysmal to read a book on for 1 to 8 hours.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 02:55 AM   #9
Toodu
Enthusiast
Toodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheeseToodu can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
You can watch their upgrade video, maybe it is helpful for you. It help me upgrade my Alita before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTNIV5m2ODw
Toodu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 12:55 AM   #10
DTHKZR
DTHKZR began at the beginning.

Device: LikeBook MARS
Just in case if someone else runs into this problem:

After a failed update attempt, my Likebook Mars just got stuck in the 'Starting UP' screen, attempts to boot into FASTBOOT failed even after selecting such option in the recovery mode (if your device show a screen with 'No Command' just long press again the button in the small hole to access the recovery mode). Every time that 'booted' got recognized as ADB DEVICE by the Android Tool, that makes the device not being able to apply the update again.

I fixed this by utilizing Android Platform Tools (https://developer.android.com/studio...platform-tools).
Just open a windows command prompt on the folder with the APT and run the command 'ADB reboot fastboot'.
After that, the Android Tool recognized the device again as a LOADER DEVICE and allowed me to try to apply upgrade again. This time it succeded and my Mars is now running Android 8.1.

English is not my primary language, sorry if something does not make much sense.
DTHKZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 08:26 AM   #11
radkosky
radkosky began at the beginning.

same problem like DTHKZR says. Remember to use USB 2.0 instead of 3.0 when flashing device. Using 2.0 all OK.
radkosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 02:27 AM   #12
bazz2004
Groupie

Android must be at somewhere like v12 or v13 by now. 8.1 is not really much of a catchup. Not that there will ever be any more updates. Even the "leather" cover for my Alita turned out to be a tacky leatherette material and is wearing through at the part where the fold is. Boyue didn't deliver on quality or service but hopefully another two years is left in the device.