Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-03-2021, 07:09 AM   #1
Jinz
Enthusiast
Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Likebook Mars, Imcosys V6l, Trekstor Pyrus
Likebook Mars Android 8.1 upgrade in 2021?

So I have 3 (!) different "instructions" documents in bad english, as well as a few different 8.1 firmware packages.

But in all of them the Mega.nz link to the "Androidtool.exe" is not working anymore. Does anybody know where this is? Or do I have to use another different tool for the flashing job?
Jinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 06:47 AM   #2
Galliano
Galliano began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinz View Post
So I have 3 (!) different "instructions" documents in bad english, as well as a few different 8.1 firmware packages.

But in all of them the Mega.nz link to the "Androidtool.exe" is not working anymore. Does anybody know where this is? Or do I have to use another different tool for the flashing job?
Hi, try this link I got mid October 21: https://mega.nz/#!OZJBRQ5b!zTTN1rqgC...YVbDjxAoUbwMN4

But shouldn't actually be enough to rename the firmware file in "update.zip" and save it in root on the device?
Galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:15 AM   #3
Techbar
TechnoGeek
Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Likebook Mars, Boox Kepler Pro, InkBook Obsidian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinz View Post

A search in google found this site:
https://wiki.radxa.com/Android/android_tool

There is a link to Android tool in the Requirements section. NOTE: I make no guarantee that it will work, isn't a virus, etc. but it seems legit. I do remember that it had to be installed in the root directory of the C: drive in order to work correctly (and the original instructions did not make this clear).

Good luck.

Oops, didn't notice that Galliano was replying to a post that was a couple of months old - you probably don't care now :-)

Last edited by Techbar; 11-15-2021 at 03:28 AM.
Techbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:20 AM   #4
Techbar
TechnoGeek
Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Likebook Mars, Boox Kepler Pro, InkBook Obsidian
Quote:

But shouldn't actually be enough to rename the firmware file in "update.zip" and save it in root on the device?
Sadly no. The update from Android 6 to Android 8.1 had to be done using using the Android Tool and following some not very well written instructions that confused many and possibly bricked a few devices as well.
Techbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:14 AM   #5
Galliano
Galliano began at the beginning.

In case anyone still needs/wants to upgrade its MARS to Android 8.1, I found here a newer version of the AndroidTooi:

https://mega.nz/file/zBxChIza#mjsKjc...aHjlGz2_C6jkb4

No guarantee that it works, I did not try it.
Galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 08:42 AM   #6
Jinz
Enthusiast
Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Jinz understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Likebook Mars, Imcosys V6l, Trekstor Pyrus
Hey thanks for the answers guys, much appreciated.

My main worry is that a certain version of the flashing tool may be needed for the Mars - still haven't done it as it's currently running very well with the old system...
Jinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 08:43 AM   #7
Agonzale
Agonzale began at the beginning.

Hello! This is my first post on the list. I just upgraded the Mars. My first attempt gave me a great scare, because as a result I had obtained a brick. But it was because I had tried to install update 3.1.1 over Android 6.1. I contacted Technical Service and they resolved the situation for me. So I installed the update to OS 8.1 first and then the rest of the updates began to arrive quickly over the WiFi. Until I was able to manually reinstall the 3.1.1 update. And it has really improved in several respects. The most noticeable in my understanding has been the precision in the underlining and in the highlights. Also, the device is much faster and I was able to solve a problem that had previously when sending my highlights to Drive.
I use it for academic purposes and it is a very good tool. A nice complement to the Kindle Paperwhite. .
Agonzale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:57 AM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The built in reader is OK for PDFs, but download and install KOreader for a hugely better epub reading and browsing experience. Can be done from Git on the built-in browser. The ARM apk.

Fortunately my Mars came with Android 8.1, but it's had 3 or 4 updates over WiFi since. Two immediately on adding WiFi key.
One tablet and one phone here has 8.x and one tablet came with 9.x and shortly updated to 10. IMO there isn't much difference 6 and 8 (I have two old phones with 6) but in many ways 9 & 10 seem backward steps.
My son's Xaiomi phone has 11, no advantage over 10. Main difference with 6 vs 8 is that some Play Store Apps won't run. I thought actually more that was the case, but the two 6.x Sony phones have different specs and most apps that no longer are available for the older phone still install in the last month to the newer 6.x Sony phone.

I don't use the Kindle paperwhite 3 at all now except for Amazon purchases. I read all epubs & annotate on a Kobo Libra (original), far better than Kindle or Mars for ordinary ebooks. Calibre converts the Kindle titles.

I use the Mars for Belinda Borrowbox (The county Library system) and epubs badly formatted I can't be bothered fixing. PDF Datasheets on the 10" 1920x 1200 Lenovo Yoga and the Mars used mostly for scans in PDF of old PD novels and reference works.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote