Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
sbin
Voracious reader
sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS T2, iPhone 6, Cybook Orizon, Cybook Gen3
firmware 2.0 and disappearing tags

I've recently upgraded my Cybook Gen3 to the new firmware 2.0, that supports ePub format and not mobi. I diligently converted my books with calibre and sent them to the device.

Guess what I found out?
Title tags below h1 (h2, h3, h4) are not displayed by the Cybook. Not in epub files, nor in simple html files. Consequently, there isn't any kind of summary available on the reader. And the chapter names disappeared.

Here is an image of an epub file on my cybook, and here an image of the same epub viewed by calibre.

What gives?

EDIT:
please notice, in the first image, that a little dash appears in the place where the chapter name should be.

Last edited by sbin; 01-05-2010 at 09:47 AM.
sbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbin View Post
I've recently upgraded my Cybook Gen3 to the new firmware 2.0, that supports ePub format and not mobi. I diligently converted my books with calibre and sent them to the device.

Guess what I found out?
Title tags below h1 (h2, h3, h4) are not displayed by the Cybook. Not in epub files, nor in simple html files. Consequently, there isn't any kind of summary available on the reader. And the chapter names disappeared.

Here is an image of the epub on my cybook, and here an image of the same epub viewed by calibre.

What gives?
It's weird not showing text at all.
What does ADE itself says ?
Chapter do shows in all the books I open.

Quote:
please notice, in the first image, that a little dash appears in the place where the chapter name should be.
Could that be some weirdo font size ?

Html and css please ?

Last edited by EowynCarter; 01-05-2010 at 09:54 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
sbin
Voracious reader
sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.

This is the css applied to the html:
Code:
h1
	{margin-top:4em;
	margin-bottom:1,5em;
	page-break-before;
	page-break-after:avoid;
	font-size:2em;
	color:#000000	
	}
h2
	{margin-top:3em;
	margin-left:0pt;
	font-size:1,5em;
	color:#000000;
	}
h3
	{margin-top:2em;
	line-height:normal;
	font-size:1,25em;
	color:#000000;
	}
p
	{margin:0pt;
	text-indent:1em;
	color:#000000
	}
ul
	{text-indent:2em;
	}
ol
	{text-indent:2em;
	}
a
	{color:#000000;
	text-decoration:underline;
	}
Quite simple, as you can see.
And the html is just text with italics, bolds, h1 and h2 tags. No images, nothing fancy.

In ADE the epub is displayed correctly.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
sbin
Voracious reader

Problem solved: the reader doesn't recognize values with a comma.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
You should report the bug
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I don't believe that it is a bug. Decimal values are specified using a decimal point in CSS, not a decimal comma.

But it would be better if badly formed CSS was ignored completely, instead of giving strange effects like perhaps font-size:0em;.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote