Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-01-2020, 05:04 PM   #1
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
IOS Tweaks still wanted/needed

I would like to have connect and settings buttons moved to the top where they used to be. Want back more space for content - less white space. Also, want author’s name above book title when sorting by author. Screen shots are on iPad Air2 from CC version: 1.3.2

One more request - Bolder, larger fonts, like the original CC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	91AC0CFA-CB35-4292-8A1C-B8D7D536DBE1.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	796.1 KB
ID:	179637   Click image for larger version

Name:	6BB8718B-AF9E-4C7D-8F13-16CCF67AC873.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	324.3 KB
ID:	179638  
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:41 AM   #2
Zebedi
Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.

Device: IPad Pro 12.9, 10.5, IPhone SE
I sent an email requesting the option to sort by series within the author sort as Calibre does, also to have series info such as series numbering. So far I have had no reply.

I agree about the settings placement and the grey shelves looked good.
Zebedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2020, 01:07 PM   #3
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Another thing I like about the old CC is that when scrolling down in list or cover view, the search line disappears. Agree that there is need for improved sorting options.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:25 PM   #4
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll take some of these requests back to our team.

Appreciate the active discussion you provide!

Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:40 PM   #5
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll take some of these requests back to our team.

Appreciate the active discussion you provide!

Alex
I do have to say that I really give you guys kudo's for how you have managed to right the ship over the space of 6 months. After the last update, I don't have any outstanding bugs that I've noticed and I really only have one major tweak (using all the available space on the left hand author/series/etc panel). Six months ago, I was working on learning iOS programming because I thought that I would have to write my own CC.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2020, 02:11 PM   #6
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I do have to say that I really give you guys kudo's for how you have managed to right the ship over the space of 6 months. After the last update, I don't have any outstanding bugs that I've noticed and I really only have one major tweak (using all the available space on the left hand author/series/etc panel). Six months ago, I was working on learning iOS programming because I thought that I would have to write my own CC.
Really appreciate that!

It was a lot to untangle in the beginning.

Just fyi, we are implementing a change to the left side to use all the space. We are releasing it with a larger release upcoming.
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 09:15 AM   #7
ChaosForged
ChaosForged began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
I'll second this. Its been great how quickly you guys managed to turn things around, and how well the issues I've reported have been fixed.

I only have one remaining issue that I'm noticing, the author / series / custom field filtering is painfully slow for me (several minutes of waiting when selecting something to filter by). This is on a large library (~12k books)
ChaosForged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 02:13 PM   #8
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This seemed like a good place to put this.

I've been playing with the latest IOS release and I really like it. They fixed the problem with the left side bar not taking up all the available space, and the new version seem a lot more usable, at least for me.

Right now, there don't seem to be any bug fixes or UI enhancements that I want. It's a far, far cry from where we were this time last year, and I very much want to thank the developers for righting the ship.

I've been thinking about some of the features that I would like. Most of them are more along the lines of things that I current use Marvin for, i.e. a to be read list, maybe an ability to manually ordering that list so I can say "When I finished the book I'm on, these are the books I might want to try". Also order by category. Perhaps that way of going about deciding what to read next, or juggling books that I'm currently reading is unique to me.

Right now, I simply click on read, to transfer any book that I want to read to Marvin. When I finish the book, I delete it from Marvin, thus the books in Marvin are basically my to be read list. I open books in Marvin, so I can use the sort by last read to arrange the list in a specific order. That's how I get around the issue of not being able to manually sort books.

Just my .02 cents worth. Like I said, it might be simply an individual quirk and few others approach things that way.
Old 07-05-2020, 01:06 AM   #9
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
I thought the new guys were doing well, until that amazon app store debacle.

longer term, on all platforms, there's this uneasy coexistence between cc the librarian and something else( the reader app), with the added google/apple mandates for must pass copies cannot share data

i dunno if the solution is for CC to become/acquire the reader, or for the reader to become the librarian ( and CC falls by the wayside)
I am now using more of the librarian stuff in Moon reader, and opening books in that, so that I only have single copies of books, single "shelf" entries.

but I never was a " power" user of CC, with thousands of organised books on device. if those users are going to drive CC development, we will need to see wish lists for more/better librarian functions? [ e.g. notes/annotations management, read statistics... ]
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 01:16 AM   #10
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
<del>

Last edited by vikarti; 07-05-2020 at 02:42 AM. Reason: wrong thread -:(
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 01:22 AM   #11
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
but I never was a " power" user of CC, with thousands of organised books on device. if those users are going to drive CC development, we will need to see wish lists for more/better librarian functions? [ e.g. notes/annotations management, read statistics... ]
That is the task of the reading application.
Calibre can't do anything with that either.
What is the name?
Right: Calibre Companion.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:01 AM   #12
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
That is the task of the reading application.
Calibre can't do anything with that either.
What is the name?
Right: Calibre Companion.
Yep, that's the problem. In general, you would need the ability of the reading app and library app to communicate more than simply throwing a book over the wall. It's all theoretically possible, but I suspect that it would be a bit of a kludge that might not hold up in future releases of the OS, plus you would need reader app developers to work with you. It would be nice though.

I remember way back when, Marvin could sync up reading info with Calibre. I could use Calibre to see how much I had read of various books and which books I had actually finished, rather than just opened.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:04 AM   #13
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
I thought the new guys were doing well, until that amazon app store debacle.

longer term, on all platforms, there's this uneasy coexistence between cc the librarian and something else( the reader app), with the added google/apple mandates for must pass copies cannot share data

i dunno if the solution is for CC to become/acquire the reader, or for the reader to become the librarian ( and CC falls by the wayside)
I am now using more of the librarian stuff in Moon reader, and opening books in that, so that I only have single copies of books, single "shelf" entries.

I've never been one to do notes and annotations in my books. I never used highlighters in my school books way back when I was in school. I suspect that what they really need is for the various ebook readers to agree on a standard to share that sort of info. Maybe if one of the ebook readers who does that would publish their method, people would start doing so.
Old 07-05-2020, 09:45 AM   #14
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Maybe if one of the ebook readers who does that would publish their method, people would start doing so.
There's arleady open standard on this - see https://web.hypothes.is/blog/epub-annotation/ (and rest of their site).
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote