Old 08-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
Helsing
Helsing began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Muse Frontlight, Kobo Touch, Cool Reader
Unnecessary conversion

Readee have support according to its manual for a lot of formats;
PDF, CHM, EPUB, TXT, TM, HTML, RTF, DB, DJVU,
DJV, iw44, iw4, FB2, OEB, PRC, MOBI, TCR, OPF

If I try to send a chm-file with Calibre it ask me if I want to convert to ePub.
I can copy them manually and they work as they are.

Is there a possibility to tell Calibre which format it should not convert?
Helsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
WHat device does calibre detect your reader as?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 02:36 AM   #3
Helsing

It correctly detect it as Spectra.

Looking for SPECTRA
(1317, 42149, 786, 'Linux 2.6.18.2 with s3c2410_udc', 'File-backed Storage Gadget', '3238204E6F76')
Devices possibly connected: Spectra,
Trying to open Spectra ... OK
Old 08-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK I've added CHM to the list of supported formats.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Nice one, Kovid. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #6
Helsing

Thanx! That was fast.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #7
Helsing

I found the lines you changed in the code;
FORMATS = ['epub', 'mobi', 'fb2', 'lit', 'prc', 'chm', 'djvu', 'pdf', 'rtf', 'txt']

I haven't tried everyone but I know that "lit" doesn't work.
I have a lit-book that open's in calibre's viewer so it's not protected.

In my first submission I had copied from the manual, and "lit" isn't there.
Is there short testfiles of every type so I can test my reader properly?
Old 08-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can disable any format by customizing the plugin via Preferences->Advanced->Device interface plugins

As for test files, you can use calibre to create simple files in most of the formats
Old 09-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #9
ischeriad
Connoisseur
ischeriad began at the beginning.

Device: PB Pro 903, Kobo Touch [Past: Story, Clié N770C, SL-10, Palm IIIxe, V]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can disable any format by customizing the plugin via Preferences->Advanced->Device interface plugins
Can I add a format to a device plugin?

I have the iriver Story and would like to add djvu files, which are (somewhat) supported by the device for some time now.

ischeriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Not without editing the source code