Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #1
chicagofilms
chicagofilms began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
3Qi promises LCD to rival e-ink

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/12/11/...-apple-tablet/

This sounds very promising. I want to see one in person though.

Since my gf indefinitely borrowed my PRS-505 (who would want to give one back after using it?) , I've been waiting to pick up a new reader for myself. I waited for the Nook but the Apple tablet has been at the top of my list. I was worried how it would fare as an e-reader though since it would have an LCD screen & I hate reading on LCD for long periods.

An Apple tablet with a screen like this however would seem indeed to be the be-all end-all device. Here's what I'm hoping for. An ebook mode that is as good as e-ink, books, newspapers, magazines, etc. through iTunes or wireless. Full color magazines with audio, video, weblinks and live content. HD video playback & all the features of an iPod. And of course the app store's content.

I suppose we'll find out next month. While Apple said they won't be at Macworld, I'd expect them to announce their new products at an event of their own. Traditionally January brings a refresh of their product lines with capacity bumps in iPod, iPhone and speed bumps to MacPros, Macbooks & iMacs. It would also be the most logical time to announce if the much rumored Febuary/March launch date is true.

So it looks like I'm back to waiting for a new e-reader. Oh well, at least I have Audible to keep me occupied...
chicagofilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofilms View Post
http://www.macrumors.com/2009/12/11/...-apple-tablet/

This sounds very promising. I want to see one in person though.

Since my gf indefinitely borrowed my PRS-505 (who would want to give one back after using it?) , I've been waiting to pick up a new reader for myself. I waited for the Nook but the Apple tablet has been at the top of my list. I was worried how it would fare as an e-reader though since it would have an LCD screen & I hate reading on LCD for long periods.

An Apple tablet with a screen like this however would seem indeed to be the be-all end-all device. Here's what I'm hoping for. An ebook mode that is as good as e-ink, books, newspapers, magazines, etc. through iTunes or wireless. Full color magazines with audio, video, weblinks and live content. HD video playback & all the features of an iPod. And of course the app store's content.

I suppose we'll find out next month. While Apple said they won't be at Macworld, I'd expect them to announce their new products at an event of their own. Traditionally January brings a refresh of their product lines with capacity bumps in iPod, iPhone and speed bumps to MacPros, Macbooks & iMacs. It would also be the most logical time to announce if the much rumored Febuary/March launch date is true.

So it looks like I'm back to waiting for a new e-reader. Oh well, at least I have Audible to keep me occupied...
There are several threads on the Pixil Qi screen technology.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert