Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
My husband ordered one for me last night as a surprise. Estimated delivery is November 14th.

8gb WiFi model. Now I need to find a non-Amazon cover.

That's going to be an issue waiting for a non-Amazon cover. I took a look on Amazon and I cannot find one. So you'll have to be extra careful with it until such time as covers are available. That's the problem with buying a newly released Reader.

I had a similar issue with my H2O. I had to wait until I found a cover I liked.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:39 AM   #62
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I went onto Amazon today and changed my cover order to the Merlot. I'm still due to get it on release date.

While I was there I noticed I have a new kindle listed. Its simply shown as a rectangle with the number 23, but I can only assume its my Oasis
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2017, 08:40 AM   #63
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
My husband ordered one for me last night as a surprise. Estimated delivery is November 14th.

8gb WiFi model. Now I need to find a non-Amazon cover.

I contacted Fintie via the UK Amazon site yesterday. They told me they are working on a cover and it should be available mid November.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:07 AM   #64
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I contacted Fintie via the UK Amazon site yesterday. They told me they are working on a cover and it should be available mid November.
I had just searched for a Fintie Cover. There is one company that appears to be selling them, but their listings are mixed up with different tablet devices in their pictures, and their descriptions are badly worded.

The titles are for the 2017 Oasis, but many of the pictures are for generic 7” tablets.

I have a Kobo Cover from a company called Icci that I like. I’m watching their covers too. Mostly I like Fintie, but not always. I’ve had 2 covers from them, one for my iPad mini that is not good. One for an older Fire I tossed because of how bad it was.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:19 AM   #65
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
I went onto Amazon today and changed my cover order to the Merlot. I'm still due to get it on release date.

While I was there I noticed I have a new kindle listed. Its simply shown as a rectangle with the number 23, but I can only assume its my Oasis
It is.
Your "Manage Devices and Content" page is updated as soon as the order is processed (accepted).
You can start organizing your content on that device now, it will sync with your account settings when you turn it on.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2017, 10:39 AM   #66
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's going to be an issue waiting for a non-Amazon cover. I took a look on Amazon and I cannot find one. So you'll have to be extra careful with it until such time as covers are available. That's the problem with buying a newly released Reader.

I had a similar issue with my H2O. I had to wait until I found a cover I liked.
As a rule, I don't take my reader out of the house, unless traveling. It's just me and hubby here, no kids, and except for that one iPad Air that I dropped, I don't break stuff.

But your warning is noted...I'll be extra careful with it until its in a good cover. With my delivery date being mid November, there's a good chance I'll find a cover before the Oasis arrives.

I'm not great with waiting...
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:40 AM   #67
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have asked very politely that people take the chatter elsewhere. This thread is for reporting your delivery date.

Thank you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:43 AM   #68
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I have asked very politely that people take the chatter elsewhere. This thread is for reporting your delivery date.

Thank you.
My 8gb wifi "cheapest" model is set to be delivered on October 31.

Just for kicks I went through the motions of buying another one on Amazon US last night and the delivery date would have been Nov. 14.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #69
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
I love the Fintie covers!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #70
nicolasmart
Sometimes active.
nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitingforatrain View Post
It is smarter than I am a lot of the time. I can't complain though because it was free.
-----
Sent from my very smart phone.
Wait, what???? You got a freaking Pixel XL for free?!?!! It's really waaaay smarter than anything you can expect for free. Good deal, BTW.
nicolasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:20 PM   #71
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
My 8gb wifi "cheapest" model is set to be delivered on October 31.

Just for kicks I went through the motions of buying another one on Amazon US last night and the delivery date would have been Nov. 14.
I should keep an eye on that, too, since I'm not ordering mine until Christmas. Need to make sure they still have them!
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:34 PM   #72
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I haven't ordered an ereader when first released since the Sony 650, which I loved. I've been waiting to hear comments/reviews, mostly about the screens.

But this one tempted me too much and I caved, and caved early.

I ordered the 32GB Wi-Fi version, with Merlot cover, on Oct 11, with an expected delivery date of Oct 31. (The tracker says it's expected to be shipped Friday, Oct 27).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:16 PM   #73
kaibob
Connoisseur
kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Paperwhite 3
When the first Oasis was released, there seemed to be a real lack of enthusiasm for the device. In contrast, there seems to be some excitement among forum member over the new Oasis, which is awesome. I'm sure looking forward to delivery of mine.
kaibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:34 PM   #74
seanyyz
Connoisseur
seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Nov 3 to 7. Ordered today.
seanyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:03 PM   #75
ArthurianLegends
Connoisseur
ArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Touch (4rth Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibob View Post
When the first Oasis was released, there seemed to be a real lack of enthusiasm for the device. In contrast, there seems to be some excitement among forum member over the new Oasis, which is awesome. I'm sure looking forward to delivery of mine.
I think this release offers much more bang for the buck. The charging cover of the original Oasis was a huge turn off for me: I could foresee all kinds of problems with that and prefer a single built in battery to charge. I have enough things to charge already.

This Oasis really excites me because there is Audible (which should have been included with the original Oasis at their high price point). It also excites me because I do use the auto brightness feature in my Voyage. I know some don't care for this, but it is a plus for me, as it has synchronized to my tastes perfectly over the years. The water proofing of this Oasis just gives me that extra peace of mind and justifies the name of the device, even though I definitely do not read in a tub.

To me, the indigo non-leather covers looks so much better than the leather option (never a fan of leather on a kindle or any device for that matter), and the fact that this Oasis offers this animal friendly option makes me even more excited.

That said, I am very happy with my Voyage and can wait for a few production runs to work out the kinks before ordering. So my delivery date:
sometime after the holidays if I see that the device does not disappoint. Till then, I will live vicariously by reading all your comments, and hoping that this Oasis exceeds everyone's expectations.
ArthurianLegends is offline   Reply With Quote