Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Resynching with Mobipocket

Hopefully, the new firmware will fix some of the reloading problems I am having, but I still wonder if any of you know what is going on.

I couple of times recently I have had to reload my cybook. For example, at one time I reformatted the SD card to FAT32. Another time the SD card became corrupted.

Anyway, when I hooked the Cybook back up Mobipocket didn't seem to recognize that it didn't have any books. It randomly picked a few books and sent them over -- or it seemed random anyway.

I was able to get the books over by going to the full library and selecting the 'send' function. However, I was curious about this. Shouldn't it be able to automatically recognize any missing books on the device and sync things up?

It seems like what it does is recognize the changes in the library since the last sync, and it takes care of those changes. It never actually reads the contents of the book and compares them against the library.

Anyone else have a different understanding on this?

Thanks,
Michael
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
It can send stuff automatically, but you need to set it up first. In MobiDesktop, open reading devices. Click on the edit properties button for your Cybook. Look at the synchronization tab.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert