Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-29-2013, 05:19 AM   #1
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Trouble Bringing Up Menu While Book Open

I have a KT and I haven't used it for a while and I opened a book today to read and no matter where I tap on the screen the menu option to change font size, paragraph size etc won't come up. The only option that comes up is for dictionary, taking notes etc.

Has something changed in a update I missed or could something be wrong? Is there a different way to change font size as that's all I want to do?
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
3 things to try: power it down completely and. Start it up. Might be as simple as that. More likely check the edges where the bevel meets thescreen and carefully blow that out i case there is dust or something blocking the IR sensors. 3rd thing if neither of those work would be to do a soft reset using a paperclip in the tiny hole in the back. You shouldn't lose anything if you just do that without holding any other buttons.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
The only option that comes up is for dictionary, taking notes etc.
Sounds like you are giving a long tap instead of a short tap. Long tap will select a word, and bring up the dictionary.

To bring up the menu, you have to tap only once, and briefly. Depending on your settings, the area to tap could be:
- the middle third of the screen (imagine the screen divided into three equal vertical rectangles), or;
- the bottom middle (the same vertical rectangles with only the bottom inch or so active).

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 03-29-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Thanks for the advice! I did a hard reset and that has fixed whatever the problem was.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote