Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #31
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
F-bombs, no clear white-hat/black-hat characters, crass??

The reviews and descriptions from the people who don't like the book are doing waaaaay more to make me consider reading it than the reviews from the people who do like it.

Funny how that works sometimes.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #32
MrsAmandaK
Nerdy and I know it ;)
MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Better question is what DOESN'T this family have?! Current: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
F-bombs, no clear white-hat/black-hat characters, crass??

The reviews and descriptions from the people who don't like the book are doing waaaaay more to make me consider reading it than the reviews from the people who do like it.

Funny how that works sometimes.
it may very well be your cup of tea!
MrsAmandaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #33
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I really liked the book. The book is darkly colourful and maybe it's more of a heightened reality instead of straight reality, and as the book progressed towards its conclusion there were some forced situations to get the story to where she wanted it to go that I wish weren't so, and it had a simplified and almost blunt style of writing that seemed at times a bit odd with such complex, adult and serious subject matter that I think may be a result of her being a children's author first, but despite its flaws I loved the complexity of character and situation, and I was very moved by it all in the end. In fact I'm still debating whether I may consider it a sort of very flawed masterpiece.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote