Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
Yoisdo
Yoisdo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Resorting the entire library

Hi,

I just changed the default string for saving my calibre books (folders named by title only now; the author folders weren't working for me)

Is there any way to make Calibre rename, and reorganize all my current library folders?

Thanks
Yoisdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You cannot affect the naming convention calibre uses internally in its library. I suspect that what you are talking about is the mask that determines the naming convention to be used when exporting books from the calibre library.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Just curious why the author folders weren't working for you.

Calibre library has already seperate title library folders under each author so probably that is not what you meant.

If, as itimpi suggests, you mean your export/save to disk folder than delete your old ones and save to disk again. Does not take long. Don't delete your calibre library folder accidentally.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
Yoisdo
Yoisdo began at the beginning.

Device: none
I tend to think in Book titles so the author sort is a bother for me; I will often access the folder directly because my computer is slow and the Calibre app increases slowness
Yoisdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoisdo View Post
I tend to think in Book titles so the author sort is a bother for me; I will often access the folder directly because my computer is slow and the Calibre app increases slowness
Tap 'O' and calibre will take you to the proper folder for the book selected.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
If you don't want to use calibre an OS level search from the main calibre directory for the title is probably fastest.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote