Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #106
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'd love to see 3rd party cases that use the case holding holes in the Readers. Straps can look cheap (IMHO).
Old 05-30-2011, 06:55 AM   #107
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I would, too, but Josh said he truly looked into it -- went as far as acquiring the plastic parts and attempting to work with the construction -- but was unable to implement it in his cases in a practical way. Since others who craft cases by hand haven't been able to do it either, I'm willing to cut him some slack.

Then, too, his cases are beautiful.
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #108
Leyor
Ninja Librarian
Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Cybook 3. gen, Sony T1, Kindle Paperwhite
Dont think we'll see custom cases with pins soon unfortunately,

I am much more excited to see wheter a magnetized cover can be made
Old 06-30-2011, 11:06 PM   #109
hmcurriers
hmcurriers began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Sony PRS-350, iPad2
Good news! We can now make cases with a magnetized cover instead of a strap.

Now the next question is... as I need to buy a device to make the next case series.... 650 or 950?
Old 07-01-2011, 04:55 AM   #110
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcurriers View Post
Good news! We can now make cases with a magnetized cover instead of a strap.

Now the next question is... as I need to buy a device to make the next case series.... 650 or 950?
Good news indeed.

From a selfish point of view, I vote for a 950 with a tight little slot for a slider light like the ones made by M-Edge. That's something every other case for the 950 lacks.

That said, it sounds as if Sony's going to launch at least one new reader soon, though some analysts predict more. I won't be buying one, since I have a 350 and a 950, but perhaps as a case-maker, you'd like to be aware of this bit:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8c9fbc70-9...#axzz1QqF4Cl3g

Quote:
Developers have not disclosed how much the books will cost. But the FT has established that Sony, a joint venture partner in the site, is developing related products, including a themed version of its Sony reader.
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #111
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Love to see a 650 cover please
Old 07-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #112
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Bookmarking.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #113
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
Bookmarking.
Agreed. I am very interested in seeing how this continues to develop!
Old 11-13-2011, 03:23 AM   #114
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
These cases are beautiful, and the amount of customization HMC is willing to offer is wonderful. I may be tempted into buying a burgundy 950 case with magnet closure. It's too bad the pins/hinges thing didn't work out, though.. I truly dislike straps as I've always used sony covers on my 505, but I guess I have to accept the fact that there are no such covers for the 950 available anywhere. I am almost tempted to buy one of the two used PRS-950s on ebay that come with the sony cover just to sell the 950s and keep the cover, but it's probably too much of a hassle and ebay prices can be insane..... Maybe Velcro? Hmm.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:57 PM   #115
sabredog
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No case for the PRS-650 yet?
Old 11-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #116
hmcurriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
No case for the PRS-650 yet?
Not yet. I was looking for devices a few months ago, and then got swamped with work. If there's still interest, I'll try to get a case worked out in the next month.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #117
sabredog

There is seemingly interest in the 650 with the issues with the T1's at current.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:10 PM   #118
hmcurriers

Ok, I'll add one to the queue.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:50 AM   #119
Leyor
Ninja Librarian
Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Cybook 3. gen, Sony T1, Kindle Paperwhite
You've forgotten me
Closed Thread