Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
How often does this happen to you?

I decided to go online this morning to look up something on the Internet. Because MobileRead is my Homepage, I hit the [User CP] button to see what comments were made while I was asleep. The next thing I know, I've jumped into the threads and an hour (or two) has gone by. I no longer remember my original purpose for turning on my computer and am in dire need of a second cup of coffee. I would like to say that this is an uncommon occurrence, but it's not. It happens at least once a day but usually quite more often then that. I've been blaming the fact that I'm getting older and my mind is just not as sharp as it used to be, but I'm thinking I need to reevaluate that theory. It seems to me that the real blame could be laid directly at the feet of this venerable forum.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Kaz, you are absolutely right. In fact, for a while, we were seriously discussing a class action lawsuit against MobileRead (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=class+action). But then we all got absorbed over other mindless threads in the Lounge and forgot to do it. Maybe we should get started again.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
How often does this happen to you?
Everytime...
I actually considered the the idea of starting a topic called
"How the hell do you unhook yourself from MobileRead Forums?"

...And here I am, writing this post instead of doing the shopping...
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Hi Kaz - yes I can sympathise with you there! As I do most of my www browsing on my iPod touch which is so small it gets carried everywhere, I easily find myself just checking back here many times through the day and I dread to think how much time that adds up to! Maybe the addition wanes after a while!!!
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
'sigh.

I should be taking a shower, or doing housework, or working in the yard, or even making breakfast.

But noooooo...........

Here I am.

Dang you MobileRead!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 01:55 PM   #6
Jan J
Enthusiast
Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
'sigh.

I should be taking a shower, or doing housework, or working in the yard, or even making breakfast.

But noooooo...........

Here I am.

Dang you MobileRead!!
Can you say "addicted"? Maybe we can start a Mobileread Anonymous group!
Jan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan J View Post
Can you say "addicted"? Maybe we can start a Mobileread Anonymous group!
Like this one??

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ead+Annonymous
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #8
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
The addiction never goes away. I too should be showering and fixing something to eat and taking more decongestant (danged cold); but I'm sitting here trying to figure out DGma's text size issue, drinking diet dr pepper (which is probably not the best thing for a cold), and enjoying the fact that this place has very little drama, because I'm on drama overload from another forum I'm a mod at. I've given up on both the escape method and the lawsuit method, and the hope that the addiction will wear off, and have just decided to enjoy my assimilation.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #9
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
I decided to go online this morning to look up something on the Internet. Because MobileRead is my Homepage, I hit the [User CP] button to see what comments were made while I was asleep. The next thing I know, I've jumped into the threads and an hour (or two) has gone by. I no longer remember my original purpose for turning on my computer and am in dire need of a second cup of coffee. I would like to say that this is an uncommon occurrence, but it's not. It happens at least once a day but usually quite more often then that. I've been blaming the fact that I'm getting older and my mind is just not as sharp as it used to be, but I'm thinking I need to reevaluate that theory. It seems to me that the real blame could be laid directly at the feet of this venerable forum.
Hours? How about Days!

I'm an on-line addict, I admit it!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #10
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
Been happening multiple times throughout the day since joining this site! I keep finding myself saying "just one more minute" then next thing I know an hour at least has passed
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #11
dreamsgate
Connoisseur
dreamsgate doesn't litterdreamsgate doesn't litter

Device: kindle 2
Well I am glad that I am not the only one. Between this forum and more than a few others that I frequent, I seem to spend more time online doing nothing more than going from post to post and following links.
dreamsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
The next thing I know, I've jumped into the threads and an hour (or two) has gone by.
I resemble those remarks.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I gave in long ago... Now, I just leave MR open and running forum spy and check it as I pass by or finish in other programs.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:02 AM   #14
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Addicted - Noooooo, just dedicated . And who cares about housework anyway. If he is unhappy with the state of affairs I show him where the cleaning stuff is - that usually shuts him up. Only shopping is a must - can't be without the chocolate & coffee to sit back and relax MR.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:20 AM   #15
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Itʻs 1:20 am and Iʻm trying to finish a paper for class (technically, it was probably due at midnight). So I have no idea what youʻre talking about..... Being here is not preventing me from doing anything I should be doing....

oh crap! keep forgetting about that darn paper!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote