Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 03:44 PM   #211
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I've tried this:

Code:
Story URL: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/[0-9][0-9][0-9]+/|Story URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/[0-9][0-9][0-9]+/
I don't understand the number in the selection after story_id.

The only reason I inserted the 9 was because it was in your example image earlier.

If this is wrong, then I would appreciate some help.

Also some of the urls are http and some are https.

If you don't understand the #9 and what it does, then it is because you have not analyzed the image attached way above that shows an example of what you are doing. It has 4 images from left to right.

It is also because you have not read the ToolTips for the widgets in general, and the one that has a "9" in particular.

Whether some are http or https does not at all matter, since the regular expression handles both.

Please read the ToolTips in MCS, plus all of my previous posts about this.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:02 PM   #212
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

It now finds books, except it finds all the books in the library instead of just the ones where the url in the text-file matches the id-number.

It even matches those books which has no id-number.

In my custom column for the story_url I don't have the Story URL: only https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7347050/1/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2017-10-12 22.02.18.png
Views:	248
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	159426  
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:14 PM   #213
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It now finds books, except it finds all the books in the library instead of just the ones where the url in the text-file matches the id-number.

It even matches those books which has no id-number.

In my custom column for the story_url I don't have the Story URL: only https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7347050/1/

The screenprint shows that your "new" search query regular expression has an error again. Change it to:

Code:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/[0-9][0-9][0-9]+/|http://www.fanfiction.net/s/[0-9][0-9][0-9]+/
It also finds all books because you did not check the checkbox called "When Found:". That means that the new functionality is not being used at all.

DaltonST
Old 10-13-2017, 01:46 AM   #214
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I've read every tool tip in the image and the one in the large field in MCS. In the image example (and the tool tip) you have this version of the search:

Code:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/[0-9]+/[0-9]/|http://www.fanfiction.net/s/[0-9]+/[0-9]
but when I look at the tool tip for the MCS Regular Expression Tab, the example shown has:

Code:
[0-9][0-9][0-9]+/
Also the number in bold in the url below is always the same.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3507422/1/

Does the number 9 in the MCS Regular Expression Tab tell it to match the entire string of numbers?
Old 10-13-2017, 05:45 AM   #215
DaltonST
Deviser

See the attached example that I just created to answer your question.

I highly recommend that you personally use https://pythex.org/ to learn how regular expressions work.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pythex_examples.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	813.4 KB
ID:	159435  
Old 10-13-2017, 06:15 AM   #216
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I've added this to the regular expression tab in #9:

Code:
[0-9][0-9][0-9]+
and this in the txt queries:

Code:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/[0-9][0-9][0-9]+/|http://www.fanfiction.net/s/[0-9][0-9][0-9]+/
There's only one book with any number and no other metadata and I've used those books I sent to you.

I haven't added the story_url or anything else, only the Story_ID to test if it can be found, but I still get nothing.

I'm sorry to be such a bother. I have looked at the site and I understand at least that [0-9][0-9][0-9]+/ only extract the number.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Skærmbillede 2017-10-13 12.12.03.png
Views:	237
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	159436   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2017-10-13 12.11.52.png
Views:	230
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	159437  
Old 10-13-2017, 10:40 AM   #217
DaltonST
Deviser

I copied exactly what you used in your screenprints, and I successfully matched #story_id (a long-text, like comments CC interpreted like short-text, like a title) and updated #story_url (a long-text, like comments CC interpreted like short-text, like a title) all 20 TXT format ebooks that you gave me as test data. It is perfect.

What you did not attach was a screenprint of your Calibre library data showing what it was looking for, plus proof that you are searching TXT formats and not EPUB formats. Verify that your #story_id CC is an appropriate textual CC.

My test results per your last post #216 from this morning are attached. They are perfect.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mcs_using_tanjamuses_configuration_and_books.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	641.2 KB
ID:	159438  
Old 10-13-2017, 10:57 AM   #218
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I've sent you a PM with a copy of the library.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:37 AM   #219
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
I've sent you a PM with a copy of the library.
The problem is that the #story_id custom column is a comma-separated "Tag" type, rather than a simple plain-text type. An ID is unique to a book, and not generic like Tags are. Story IDs are unique, and each book can have only one (1) of them, so it really should not be a Tag-type, but a simple plain-text type. That is why ISBN is not a Tag, but a textual Identifier.

Test results:

Quote:
Match found but re_text_found_final <> compare_to_value: 2131277 [u'2131277']
However, I can easily add a little code to account for that scenario, which obviously I did not test for. My bad.

I will upload a new version later today.

DaltonST
Old 10-13-2017, 11:42 AM   #220
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I need it to be a tag column because when I merge the same story from different archives it has to stay as separate tags.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #221
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.74 Full-Text Search enhancements for Tag-like Custom Columns

Version 1.0.74 - 13 October 2017 Full-Text Search enhancements for Tag-like Custom Columns to be updated by merging existing values with the new final search value. There can be no duplicates, of course, just as for real Tags.

DaltonST
Old 10-13-2017, 01:39 PM   #222
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Can you send me back a version of my library where it works, because even though I've updated the plugin I still get nothing.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:47 PM   #223
DaltonST
Deviser

I used the library you gave me as-is. I changed nothing. I would just be sending back what you already have.

The MCS preferences are Calibre-wide, not specific to a particular library. When I opened your library, my MCS still had my settings from before.

Look at the attachment from my post this morning of #217. Your settings should be those, since those are what you were using.

DaltonST
Old 10-13-2017, 01:59 PM   #224
DaltonST
Deviser

Attached is your Library you gave me updated by me.

I first updated Story URL, and then updated Story ID both with MCS and Mass Edit to add test tags.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tanjamuses_library.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	773.9 KB
ID:	159441  
Old 10-13-2017, 02:00 PM   #225
Tanjamuse
Wizard

My mistake, I hadn't noticed that the regular expression wasn't saved.

It now works. Thank you so much for your patience.

Tags
columns, search