Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-23-2015, 09:45 AM   #1
tao
Book Lover
tao began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Kindle 3
Question A question about Calibre UI

I use Calibre on both Mac and Windows, and on Mac, I noticed that in many of the dialog boxes, there are underscores under the letters. On Windows, I can use Alt key to activate those UI elements, but do those underscored letters work on Mac as well? I tried to use option key to activate them, but it didn't work.

The question is, are there anyway to use them on a Mac? Or they are just left over code from Windows, and they don't work on Mac at all?

thanks.
tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:41 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont know of a way to use them on OS X unfortunately. If you change the calibre style from calibre to system default in the Preferences->Look & Feel the underscores get hidden, but I would not recommend doing that,as the sysem defaul theme has other problems.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, user interface