Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #16
Dreamnine
Enthusiast
Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, iPod Touch 5
I'm going to stick with iBooks, (although the wide margins annoy me) Bluefire and am going to check out Overdrive.
Dreamnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #17
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I loaded something into overdrive from my dropbox book selection and I found it to be quite pleasant. its still not as flexible as Stanza. I'm still waiting for someone clever who can reverse engineer stanza and somehow avoid the ire of Amazon and produce something that is even close to STanza in performance and features.

In spite of all my enthusiasm about ShubookSE, I have still reverted to Stanza for almost all my reading. I am trying to switch to iBooks, but failing. I keep trying though. One day, it will have a good feature set.

I've just bought a new iphone 4S, and at this point in time think I am probably not going to upgrade the OS to the point where I can no longer use Stanza. Even though the settings area is pretty crippled, at least you can still choose a different theme or make your own, and can access controls. General settings and layout seem to be forever lost to iOS6+. Damn.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote