Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-11-2022, 10:13 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'd drop the Voyage mainly because I prefer a larger screen.

That's why you need a case, Jon.

(Seriously, I understand your use of the word 'drop'.)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 10:29 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I went from Sony (6") to Kobo (6.8") mainly for the larger screen. Once I did that, I now find a 6" screen small.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2022, 11:25 AM   #18
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
I went from Sony (6") to Kobo (6.8") mainly for the larger screen. Once I did that, I now find a 6" screen small.
6” is the best current option for out-and-about and 5” would be better still.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 12:00 PM   #19
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Woxter
If you are glad and happy with the Voyage there is no reason to replace him.
Especially if you don't need temperature adjustment, listen to audio books or a larger screen.

The Voyage typeface is so clear that a lot of newer models can't match it.

1 1/2 weeks ago I bought a used Voyage in mint condition including the original red Amazon Origami magnetic leather cover (I love it!). For me, this was an excellent purchase. When the Voyage came out, I bought one a little later and the clear typeface had already fascinated me. The Voyage really deserved to be called "The real Paperwhite" because its typeface is so clear that it has a slight 3D feel. I sold mine and have never completely forgotten the Voyage. That's why I bought one again

To your question: There is no "Why" ;-)

Last edited by Sonnenfee; 06-11-2022 at 12:14 PM.
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 02:47 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
6” is the best current option for out-and-about and 5” would be better still.
I have no trouble going out and about with my Libra 2 and I didn't have any trouble with my Aura H2O. So the PW5 and Oasis 3 would also be no trouble.
Advert
Old 06-11-2022, 03:00 PM   #21
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
I have no trouble going out and about with my Libra 2 and I didn't have any trouble with my Aura H2O. So the PW5 and Oasis 3 would also be no trouble.
I've never gone out and about with any of my ereaders. Usually I have no time to read on the move and even when I have a few moments, I find it easier to browse the news on my phone than to concentrate on a novel. I want to read books at home in peace and silence.

So portability is not a factor for me. Weight is, however. That's why 8'' is my upper limit as of now.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 03:15 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I've never gone out and about with any of my ereaders. Usually I have no time to read on the move and even when I have a few moments, I find it easier to browse the news on my phone than to concentrate on a novel. I want to read books at home in peace and silence.

So portability is not a factor for me. Weight is, however. That's why 8'' is my upper limit as of now.
The last time I was out and about with my Libra 2 was when we were on the train coming home from vacation. There was no problem at all. The size is good and the weight is good.

Tags
paperwhite, voyage