Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-17-2020, 08:40 AM   #1
vogelap
vogelap began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
RSS feeds failing?

I use Calibre 4.8 on Windows 10 (64-bit) for sending a few RSS feeds to my Kindle. For the last few weeks, neither The Dice Tower News nor CRM Tip of the Day are working. I receive the feed on my Kindle, but it's always blank. I don't know how to diagnose or fix this issue. Can you guide me, please? Thanks.
vogelap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 11:41 AM   #2
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
How is it on your PC? I'm also noticing failing feeds on my PC for several recipes that are tending to increase (and no fixes for several weeks now.) It appears that maintenance is no longer occurring....
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2020, 12:35 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I know there are no builtin recipes in calibre named dice tower news or crm tip of the day.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 03:53 PM   #4
vogelap

I am using custom recipes for Dice Tower News and CRM Tip of the Day. Previously, they worked. For the last several weeks, they haven't been working.

The recipes I am using are:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python2
# vim:fileencoding=utf-8
from __future__ import unicode_literals, division, absolute_import, print_function
from calibre.web.feeds.news import BasicNewsRecipe

class AdvancedUserRecipe1579294376(BasicNewsRecipe):
    title          = 'CRM Tip of the Day'
    oldest_article = 3
    max_articles_per_feed = 100
    auto_cleanup   = True

feeds          = [
        ('CRM Tip of the Day', 'http://crmtipoftheday.com/feed/'),
    ]
...and...
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python2
# vim:fileencoding=utf-8
from __future__ import unicode_literals, division, absolute_import, print_function
from calibre.web.feeds.news import BasicNewsRecipe

class AdvancedUserRecipe1579294351(BasicNewsRecipe):
    title          = 'Dice Tower News'
    oldest_article = 2
    max_articles_per_feed = 100
    auto_cleanup   = True

feeds          = [
        ('Dice Tower News', 'https://www.dicetowernews.com/rss.xml'),
    ]
When I visit those pages in a web browser on my computer, they display RSS as expected. But they don't work in Calibre...

Last edited by PeterT; 01-17-2020 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:12 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Look at the rss feeds, for instance the last article from CRM is from 19 Dec which means there are no new articles. If you still want the old articles increase oldest_article in the recipe.
Advert
Old 01-20-2020, 08:49 AM   #6
vogelap

I see that for CRM Tip of the Day; thank you...

However, I see also that there have been posts to Dice Tower News and I haven't been getting them. Curiously, today, I received an update from Dice Tower News with today's news article.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:42 AM   #7
vogelap

Are my recipes for those two feeds correct, from a Calibre perspective? If not, what else needs to be done?
Old 01-23-2020, 12:59 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

they are fine.