Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 07-03-2014, 05:12 AM   #1
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Kindle Fire Charging Cable

The charging cable for my Kindle Fire has been chewed in half. Would someone please tell me which cable I need to charge my Kindle. Does any place sell these besides Amazon. I only have a Wal-mart, Kmart and OfficeMax in my area. My Kindle is dead so I need this soon please.

Thanks

P.S.
Yes I know how and why it was chewed in half. The responsible has been banned from my bedroon!
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:30 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
If you have a cord for your kindle paperwhite, you can use that on you Fire.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2014, 06:40 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's a standard microUSB cable. Any one should work.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:42 AM   #4
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks did not know if I could interchange them with the Paperwhite or the charger for my hubby's android phone.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Thanks did not know if I could interchange them with the Paperwhite or the charger for my hubby's android phone.
You can interchange the cable but not the charger. The Kindle Fire almost certainly has a 10W charger; a 5W phone charger won't work.
Advert
Old 07-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #6
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Okay thanks again. The charging cable to his tablet worked. It is fully charged. I hooked to up to a USB port so no plug involved.

I will order a new cable from Amazon.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Okay thanks again. The charging cable to his tablet worked. It is fully charged. I hooked to up to a USB port so no plug involved.

I will order a new cable from Amazon.
No need to buy the ludicrously expensive official Amazon cable. Any cheap microUSB cable will work just as well.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can interchange the cable but not the charger. The Kindle Fire almost certainly has a 10W charger; a 5W phone charger won't work.
My Fire charger is 5W. It will charge with lower powered chargers (when not in use), just not as fast.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:07 AM   #9
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No need to buy the ludicrously expensive official Amazon cable. Any cheap microUSB cable will work just as well.
The problem HarryT is I honestly do not know which one to buy and I have heard that cheap cables can cause devices to explode. Realy not interested in having a small explosion in my house
Old 07-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
The problem HarryT is I honestly do not know which one to buy and I have heard that cheap cables can cause devices to explode.
This is absolutely untrue. Cheap chargers should certainly be avoided, but cheap cables are fine. Best thing to do is look at the reviews. Any cable with overwhelmingly 5* reviews should be fine.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #11
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Oh okay did not know that. Then I will run by Wal-mart or OfficeMax and pick up a cable.

Thanks. I guess my posting shows how un-knowledgeable I am in tech stuff
Old 07-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
My Fire charger is 5W. It will charge with lower powered chargers (when not in use), just not as fast.
Yep the new Kindle Fires come with a 5W and you have to pay for a rapid charger instead. The old Kindle Fire came with a 8W. I went ahead and bought the rapid charger when I had a 50% off promo and use it to charge all my Kindles.

They use to say on the Original Fire not to charge with anything else but then when the 2012 came out they said it didn't matter. My mother in law uses her gps charger to charge her 2012 KFHD so I don't think it matters much.

Last edited by Blossom; 07-05-2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Looks like my keyboard is dying. :(
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #13
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Blossom you know I am not tech savvy. The culprit has been banned from area and currently not even taking treats from my.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Blossom you know I am not tech savvy. The culprit has been banned from area and currently not even taking treats from my.
This is the charger I use and you can get a replacement cable here

If Kindle is still under warranty I'd called Kindle Support and tell them the cable is no longer working. They may send a replacement for free or give you a discount. Just do it on a weekday during business hours or you will end up with someone who barely speaks English.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:37 PM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

A warranty only covers manufacturing defects. It would (IMHO) be dishonest to make a warranty claim for something which is clearly not the manufacturer's fault. Cables aren't expensive: just buy one. You can get a perfectly good microUSB cable for well under $5.