Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 12:33 AM   #31
Cephas Borg
Speed Reader
Cephas Borg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Failure messages on DXG

I installed launchpad on my DXG just so I can use Kaffeine. The problems may be related to kaffeine, but it looks like something else is not quite right.

I can do a shift/shift/space and I get the "Success" message just fine, same for shift/f/b and so on. Woo hoo!

I then installed kaffeine (latest release) by copying the two files (kaffeine and kaffeini.ini) to the launchpad folder, and did a shift/shift/space (got success message), but whenever I try to use kaffeine, I get a failure.

I tried redefining the kaffeine keys, then got launchpad to rescan the ini files, so the new keys are accepted, but I still get the failure message every time.

I removed the kaffeine files and uninstalled launchpad, then reinstalled and re-added kaffeine, same ol' problem.

When I dock the DXG, the launchpad.log file is zero bytes long. I don't know if this is significant or not?

Any suggestions?

[EDIT] I should state that the sequence I follow is :
shift,x (to start kaffeine) - this always fails
shift,k (for mode 2) - always fails
...as do all the other keysequences.
[/EDIT]

Last edited by Cephas Borg; 11-20-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Cephas Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #32
Rockets00
Connoisseur
Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle 2
I have updated my Kindle 2 to 3.2.1 (http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6432..._and_Kindle_DX) and now kafeine works! I see date and time in screensaver mode. How fast will it drain my battery?
Rockets00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #33
Iznogold
Iznogold began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3.2.1 wifi
same problem here.
they re all failures no matter what
Iznogold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:05 PM   #34
Iznogold
Iznogold began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3.2.1 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets00 View Post
; run kaffeine in keep awake mode
Z = !/mnt/us/system/kaffeine
; run kaffeine in locked mode
X = !/mnt/us/system/kaffeine 1
; run kaffeine in locked mode
C = !/mnt/us/system/kaffeine 2
; run kaffeine in frozen mode
V = !/mnt/us/system/kaffeine 3
; exit kaffeine
B = !/mnt/us/system/kaffeine 4

What is the difference between 2 locked modes?
replaced "system" with "launchpad" and it worked.
i am a dumbass
Iznogold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:47 AM   #35
GregWoods
GregWoods began at the beginning.

Device: KindleDXG
exactly the same problem here. Did you ever get it resolved?

EDIT - sorry, the sucky forum software doesn't show that I replied to Cephas Borg.
Launchpad works on my DXG, but Kaffeine doesn't, no matter whether installed to System or Launchpad folders. Also, why are there 2 kaffeine files plus the ini?
/EDIT

Last edited by GregWoods; 01-04-2012 at 04:49 AM.
GregWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #36
siebert
Developer
siebert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.siebert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.siebert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard) 3G / iPad 9 WiFi / Google Pixel 6a (Android)
Hi fbdev,

thanks for the great tool, now I'm finally able to use cron to launch a script at specific times.

Is it possible to get the source code for kaffeine?

I'm still confused about the Kindle power management. What is the difference between sleep and standby mode? And is it possible to automatically wake the Kindle from either mode?

I'd like to use kaffeine without launchpad, so I'm what would be the best location (skript) to start it automatically after a reboot?

Ciao,
Steffen
siebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #37
fbdev
fbdev
fbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel is

Device: kindle
gzipped gnu pre-processed c
Attached Files
File Type: gz kaffeine.i.gz (72.3 KB, 304 views)
fbdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #38
siebert
Developer
siebert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.siebert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.siebert has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard) 3G / iPad 9 WiFi / Google Pixel 6a (Android)
Hi fbdev,

thanks you for providing the source. Is there a particular reason that the file is already pre-processed? It seems to be more difficult to read than the unprocessed source, so it would be great if you could provide that also.

Ciao,
Steffen
siebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:48 PM   #39
fbdev
fbdev
fbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel is

Device: kindle
my source tree is not organized for public code releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siebert View Post
Hi fbdev,

thanks you for providing the source. Is there a particular reason that the file is already pre-processed? It seems to be more difficult to read than the unprocessed source, so it would be great if you could provide that also.

Ciao,
Steffen
fbdev is offline   Reply With Quote