prout doesn't litterprout doesn't litter

Device: none
it's alive, it's alive \o/

So, here is my howto:

What you need:
hardware:
- a x86 computer on GNU/Linux
- a usb cable
- a likebook mars with a battery > 80% (charge it before up/downgrading)
softwares:
- rkflashtool (ex: apt-get install rkflashtool, or here)
- upgrade_tool version 1.24 (cf this link)
- and the rk firmware image of android 6 (thx to bekar for the link, it may need a mirror link, md5sum of the image (unziped) : 493fcab93a9613978c7c0c5dfd102e6e)
also you will need a terminal emulator on your computer (ex: xterm) with the correct user perms to access the device (ex: root)

Make your mars back to life with a gnu/linux computer (with some non-free softwares ):
- boot your computer
- unplugged everything on the mars (usb, sd card, etc.)
- unplugged the battery (or poweroff the mars if you see the screen and are sure of what you are doing) ;
- replugged the battery
- press "reset" button and keep it pressed
- wait ~3 seconds (keep reset pressed)
- plug the usb cable (keep reset pressed) to mars and your computer
- wait ~3 seconds, then release the reset switch
- open a terminal emulatior with the correct perms
- test if your computer detects correctly the mars with the command line : "rkflashtool p" (see my previous posts ; it should print you some info like "CMDLINE" and then go back to the prompt. If not, like freezing or what, there is a problem, so verify that the usb cable can do data etc. restart the steps from the first unplugged)
- use "upgrade_tool" to upload the firmware like this : "/path/to/upgrade_tool uf /path/to/the_rk_firmare.img"
You should have something like that in the output :
Code:
root@my.computer:/tmp/Linux_Upgrade_Tool_v1.24# ./upgrade_tool uf /tmp/T80D/t80d-456.img
Loading firmware...
Support Type:RK330A     FW Ver:6.0.00   FW Time:2020-03-12 18:43:36
Loader ver:2.60 Loader Time:2018-07-16 23:37:33
Upgrade firmware ok.
root@my.computer:/tmp/Linux_Upgrade_Tool_v1.24#
at first, it tests the device, upload the image, check the image etc. but it is not showed in the final output. You can see logs in the log directory of the upgrade_tool repertory. Also, you may need first to do a "chmod u+x upgrade_tool"
- then the mars reboot automatically. From here I guess that you can unplugged the mars to your computer, I stayed with it until the end just in case
- ~3 seconds later, a "loading" screen appears (the boot one)
- then, later, like a minute or 2, white screen with some msg on the bottom like "mount /media (device not found)" with something like "formating data".
Just wait, so far so good, it takes like 5 min max.
- then, it reboots, you will see the loading screen again, just wait like 10 minutes maybe a bit more but the loading dots are moving so you know it is still alive.
Then, it will ask the language to use for the interface of the mars, and all the basic configuration.

And your mars is back to life! \o/

some things to know:
- you need a x86 environment because "upgrade_tool" is a non-free software from rockchip and it is compiled for i386 :
Code:
# file upgrade_tool 
upgrade_tool: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=7c7f75f253274e23523b1fe1267160b081967534, with debug_info, not stripped
- upgrade_tool v1.24 works for android =< 7. more recent upgrade_tool didn't works for me (it froze the mars), and rk fw images of android 8 creates a black screen when using upgrade_tool =< 1.24 (see previous posts)

I've tried rkdeveloptool (a free software), etc, but it froze too at the same steps. I have tried the raw image given by rvcjew in previous post (thank you so much rvcjew for all your help! <3) but I haven't succeed to make it works, but I guess there is a way there too.

So, no android 8.X or newer for the mars with a gnu/linux computer from my tests
Maybe one day I will try again, but here it works fine for me right now. I can reed my books and I don't use Internet neither wifi on my mars (for privacy/security reasons), so…

Last edited by prout; 05-19-2021 at 04:52 PM.
prout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 05:22 PM   #32
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by prout View Post
it's alive, it's alive \o/

So, here is my howto:

What you need:
hardware:
- a x86 computer on GNU/Linux
- a usb cable
- a likebook mars with a battery > 80% (charge it before up/downgrading)
softwares:
- rkflashtool (ex: apt-get install rkflashtool, or here)
- upgrade_tool version 1.24 (cf this link)
- and the rk firmware image of android 6 (thx to bekar for the link, it may need a mirror link, md5sum of the image (unziped) : 493fcab93a9613978c7c0c5dfd102e6e)
also you will need a terminal emulator on your computer (ex: xterm) with the correct user perms to access the device (ex: root)

Make your mars back to life with a gnu/linux computer (with some non-free softwares ):
- boot your computer
- unplugged everything on the mars (usb, sd card, etc.)
- unplugged the battery (or poweroff the mars if you see the screen and are sure of what you are doing) ;
- replugged the battery
- press "reset" button and keep it pressed
- wait ~3 seconds (keep reset pressed)
- plug the usb cable (keep reset pressed) to mars and your computer
- wait ~3 seconds, then release the reset switch
- open a terminal emulatior with the correct perms
- test if your computer detects correctly the mars with the command line : "rkflashtool p" (see my previous posts ; it should print you some info like "CMDLINE" and then go back to the prompt. If not, like freezing or what, there is a problem, so verify that the usb cable can do data etc. restart the steps from the first unplugged)
- use "upgrade_tool" to upload the firmware like this : "/path/to/upgrade_tool uf /path/to/the_rk_firmare.img"
You should have something like that in the output :
Code:
root@my.computer:/tmp/Linux_Upgrade_Tool_v1.24# ./upgrade_tool uf /tmp/T80D/t80d-456.img
Loading firmware...
Support Type:RK330A     FW Ver:6.0.00   FW Time:2020-03-12 18:43:36
Loader ver:2.60 Loader Time:2018-07-16 23:37:33
Upgrade firmware ok.
root@my.computer:/tmp/Linux_Upgrade_Tool_v1.24#
at first, it tests the device, upload the image, check the image etc. but it is not showed in the final output. You can see logs in the log directory of the upgrade_tool repertory. Also, you may need first to do a "chmod u+x upgrade_tool"
- then the mars reboot automatically. From here I guess that you can unplugged the mars to your computer, I stayed with it until the end just in case
- ~3 seconds later, a "loading" screen appears (the boot one)
- then, later, like a minute or 2, white screen with some msg on the bottom like "mount /media (device not found)" with something like "formating data".
Just wait, so far so good, it takes like 5 min max.
- then, it reboots, you will see the loading screen again, just wait like 10 minutes maybe a bit more but the loading dots are moving so you know it is still alive.
Then, it will ask the language to use for the interface of the mars, and all the basic configuration.

And your mars is back to life! \o/

some things to know:
- you need a x86 environment because "upgrade_tool" is a non-free software from rockchip and it is compiled for i386 :
Code:
# file upgrade_tool 
upgrade_tool: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=7c7f75f253274e23523b1fe1267160b081967534, with debug_info, not stripped
- upgrade_tool v1.24 works for android =< 7. more recent upgrade_tool didn't works for me (it froze the mars), and rk fw images of android 8 creates a black screen when using upgrade_tool =< 1.24 (see previous posts)

I've tried rkdeveloptool (a free software), etc, but it froze too at the same steps. I have tried the raw image given by rvcjew in previous post (thank you so much rvcjew for all your help! <3) but I haven't succeed to make it works, but I guess there is a way there too.

So, no android 8.X or newer for the mars with a gnu/linux computer from my tests
Maybe one day I will try again, but here it works fine for me right now. I can reed my books and I don't use Internet neither wifi on my mars (for privacy/security reasons), so…
Glad you at least got it working again. The 8.1 images seem to have extra pieces in the img when extracting the one you linked and the one boyue gives so I guess like you said that tool is too old to properly flash all the parts of it.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2021, 03:34 PM   #33
lifeform
lifeform began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten C
Hi, I tried the above steps, and encountered errors. Some logs as below:

03:19:58 Test Device Start
03:19:58 Test Device Success
03:20:03 Error:RKU_Read_EX failed,err=-7
03:20:03 ERROR:ReadCapability-->RKU_ReadCapability failed,err(-4)
03:20:03 Check Chip Start
03:20:08 Error:RKU_Write failed,err=-7
03:20:08 ERROR:CheckChip-->RKU_ReadChipInfo failed,RetCode(-3)
03:20:08 Check Chip Fail
03:20:08 Command mode out

I'm using update tool v1.65 which is 64 bit:

# file upgrade_tool
upgrade_tool: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), statically linked, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, BuildID[sha1]=c045033bffa8866dc148b16718d8a49be47e9ecb, with debug_info, not stripped

and with the same update image:
T80D/t80d-456.img

Any clues?
lifeform is offline   Reply With Quote