Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-17-2020, 05:35 PM   #1
serthundery
serthundery began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle basic
Jailbreak to night mode on Basic Kindle 5

Hi, my basic Kindle (5.12.4) doesn't have an option for switching to night mode (black page, white letters), at least not by the default options.
However, anytime I change menu or page this happens automatically for a sec. That makes me think it is technically possible but just disabled.
And thus I wondered wether a Jailbreak could make it possible.
Could you help me?
Thanks!
Pd. I am new around, sorry if this wasn't the right way to post
serthundery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 05:52 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You cannot jailbreak and you cannot have night mode as it's not an option for your Basic Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2020, 06:03 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
While one can actually enable a poor man's nightmode on pretty much any device since the K5 [c.f., the tail end of this thread], the point is moot, as you indeed cannot JailBreak your device, whichever of the Basics it actually is (read the fine manual for details, and to fix your Device Info box).

Sidebar: the flash to black is irrelevant to the matter, that's just a way to deal with ghosting on eInk.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote