Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
done
THANKS YOU Alexander
Advert
Old 12-27-2003, 06:11 PM   #63
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Steve Greenberg please!
Old 12-27-2003, 06:23 PM   #64
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Steve Greenberg please!
added. + Boondocks + Stone Soup added.
Old 12-27-2003, 07:14 PM   #65
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

-- Also added a menu to the comics page. Hope you like it!
Advert
Old 12-28-2003, 11:58 PM   #66
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Thumbs up Thanks

You are gifted. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:20 PM   #67
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Here you find information on how to keep iSiloX from downloading comics you don't want.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:18 AM   #68
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Always on top of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Here you find information on how to keep iSiloX from downloading comics you don't want.
Hey Alexander,

Going to try this now...Is it possible for the farside to make it onto your comics page?
Old 01-13-2004, 10:00 AM   #69
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

I think Farside is not updated anymore, right?
Old 01-13-2004, 10:16 AM   #70
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Attached you find a preconfigured iSiloX file which will has by default excluded all currently added comics on our comics page. If you want to selectively include some of the comics, you must remove them from the exclusion list (Channel Properties -> Links -> Url Filters -> Exclusion Filters).

For instance, if you want to exclude all comics but Garfield and Dilbert, open the channel properties, go to the exclusion filters, and remove /comics/dilbert/ and /comics/ga/.
Code:
Ask Shagg - /shg/ 
Dilbert - /comics/dilbert/ 
FoxTrot - /comics/ft/ 
Penny Arcade - penny-arcade.com/images/ 
The Joy of Tech - /joyoftech/
The 5th Wave - /comics/fw/
Monty - /comics/monty/
BC - /bc/
Wizard of Id - /wiz/
Garfield - /comics/ga/
Get Fuzzy - /comics/getfuzzy/
Doonesbury - /comics/db/
Non Sequitur - /comics/nq/
Calvin and Hobbes - /comics/ch/
Sinfest - sinfest.net/comics/
Pat Oliphant - /comics/po/
Heart of the City - /comics/hc/
Tom Toles - /comics/tt/
Off the Mark - offthemark.com/rotate/
Steve Greenberg - slate.msn.com/working/
The Boondocks - /comics/bo/
Stone Soup - /comics/ss/
Andy Capp - /cap/
Hagar the Horrible - /Hagar_The_Horrible
Peanuts - /comics/peanuts/
Userfriendly - www.userfriendly.org/cartoons/
For Better or For Worse - /comics/forbetter/
Last Update: Jun 29, 2004

If you need help, feel free to ask!
Attached Files
File Type: ixl emptycomic.ixl (4.3 KB, 1217 views)
Old 01-13-2004, 10:30 AM   #71
Zire
Fanatic

Hey,

Tried it out myself inserting exclusions but I'll try it your way too. One thing that I find when I use lossy compression, I need to load the page exit and then open the page again to see the images in color. Do you know what I should do.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:07 PM   #72
emceephd
emceephd began at the beginning.

Outstanding

It works! Thanks again, Alexander. You rule!
Old 01-14-2004, 06:36 AM   #73
earthling
earthling began at the beginning.

Device: PalmOne Zire 71
Smile

Wow! Thanks, Alexander. I now realise that I've been missing a lot by not visiting this site (sheepish expression). I admit I earlier considered iSilo and turcic a bit daunting, technically. But daily comics? Wow! I have a date with iSilo: I'm going to try to get to know it better.

Excuse my having-been-away-from-Turcic-ness, but why does the comics shtml file have 'avantgo' in it? Is it useable with iSilo? I hate AvantGo ever since it stopped working on my Palm (or was it my desktop - it just stopped synching new content). Can I just add the comics file as an iSilo channel?
Old 01-14-2004, 09:54 AM   #74
Zire
Fanatic

Yes you can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthling
Wow! Thanks, Alexander. I now realise that I've been missing a lot by not visiting this site (sheepish expression). I admit I earlier considered iSilo and turcic a bit daunting, technically. But daily comics? Wow! I have a date with iSilo: I'm going to try to get to know it better.

Excuse my having-been-away-from-Turcic-ness, but why does the comics shtml file have 'avantgo' in it? Is it useable with iSilo? I hate AvantGo ever since it stopped working on my Palm (or was it my desktop - it just stopped synching new content). Can I just add the comics file as an iSilo channel?
Hey,

Add it as a channel but check the document properties and under images set the optional lossy compression to all images and set the compression to 50. Makes a whole lot of difference in the size of the page.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:21 PM   #75
earthling
earthling began at the beginning.

Device: PalmOne Zire 71
Thanks, zire71man. I, too, am a zire71man - for now (ain't it a sweet device?).

By the way, I replied to another of your posts (in another thread) without logging in first, thereby appearing as 'unregistered guest'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zire71man
Hey,

Add it as a channel but check the document properties and under images set the optional lossy compression to all images and set the compression to 50. Makes a whole lot of difference in the size of the page.