Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 08-06-2021, 02:51 PM   #1
rlfish
rlfish0630
rlfish doesn't litterrlfish doesn't litterrlfish doesn't litter

Device: inkBook Prime
Do you use a Likebook p6?

I have posted several items regarding the P6 and never get any response; I wonder if there are any users of this ebook on the site? Although I like the reader very well, there doesn't seem to be much interest in the product. Please let me know you thoughts and comments.
rlfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 01:22 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlfish View Post
I have posted several items regarding the P6 and never get any response;
Oh, but that's only your third post regarding P6
Quote:
I wonder if there are any users of this ebook on the site? Although I like the reader very well, there doesn't seem to be much interest in the product. Please let me know you thoughts and comments.
I have a P6 and because it can do so much, I equipped it with a 256 GB card as a reader for travel.
However, I do not use the standard applications, but:
Calibre Companion, for library management;
AlReader, for reading;
Golden Dictionary, for dictionaries;
Onleihe app, for Divibib lending library;
Pocketbook App, for Adobe DRM books;
Kiwix, for Wikipedia;
Sygic, for navigation - data comes from a GNSS receiver via Bluetooth;
Covid19 Green Pass.

Visually, I like Boox Poke 2/3 better - but due to the lack of storage options (lack of SD card connection and limited USB-OTG file system options), they are by far not as universally applicable.
And 7.8 inch devices like the P78, which I like better, are too big for me for this purpose.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 11:20 PM   #3
rlfish
rlfish0630

Thank you for your comments. I also have a 265 GB SD card for carrying my entire library but I do use the Reader included with the P6. I may try out the reader and dictionary you are using for comparison. I also use Calibre Companion for transferring books from Calibre. Although I have Pocketbook and Kindle products, I seem to prefer the P6. And thanks for your comments.
Old 08-09-2021, 01:53 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you for your comments. I also have a 265 GB SD card for carrying my entire library but I do use the Reader included with the P6. I may try out the reader and dictionary you are using for comparison. I also use Calibre Companion for transferring books from Calibre. Although I have Pocketbook and Kindle products, I seem to prefer the P6. And thanks for your comments.
On 6 inch devices I still have Kindle, Kobo, Tolino, Boox; If I don't need large storage I prefer Boox Poke 2/3 - they feel better in my hand.
I prefer larger devices when I'm not on the road - for reading the P78 and for notes and comments in books Likebook Ares - soon I will get the P10 (already bought).
I'll see to what extent I can use it - in any case, it fits perfectly into my branded leather bag for my Windows tablet.
Old 07-14-2022, 12:59 PM   #5
rlfish
rlfish0630

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
On 6 inch devices I still have Kindle, Kobo, Tolino, Boox; If I don't need large storage I prefer Boox Poke 2/3 - they feel better in my hand.
I prefer larger devices when I'm not on the road - for reading the P78 and for notes and comments in books Likebook Ares - soon I will get the P10 (already bought).
I'll see to what extent I can use it - in any case, it fits perfectly into my branded leather bag for my Windows tablet.
On your P78, what dictionary are you installing? I had one on my P6 that worked fine but I can't seem to get anything to work on the P78.
Old 07-15-2022, 02:45 AM   #6
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
On your P78, what dictionary are you installing? I had one on my P6 that worked fine but I can't seem to get anything to work on the P78.
Golden Doct Pro.
I donot use the built in.