Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-07-2017, 09:30 AM   #1
pages92466
pages92466 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & .epub tablet
Calibre - Ooops! Can this be fixed?

I have my main Calibre library on my home computer. At work I imported some books. In the Calibre folder, they saved under the Author Foldername. I thought, INCORRECTLY, that I could just copy the Author folder, come home and paste under my Calibre library. I copied just the author folder where the books were stored. Then I deleted Calibre off my work computer. (So I can't go back to retrieve metadata files or any such thing.)

Now, my Calibre shows 13 of the 18 books that are in my Author Folder...the other 5 books aren't "seen" by Calibre. The book name/folders is there with the converted epub/Mobi (or whatever I had chosen) files.

Is there ANY way I can get Calibre to "see" these folders/books?
pages92466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:34 AM   #2
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
You can try to restore the library if the missing book folders are intact and include all files with:
Click on library symbol ->library maintenance ->restore library
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2017, 09:22 AM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
You can use the add books button to point Calibre to them. It will then add the correct folders with the books in them.
Apache
Apache is online now   Reply With Quote