Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #1
C Alberga
Enthusiast
C Alberga began at the beginning.

Device: none
Adjusting background color

Search didn't seem to give me anything useful here. I'm downloading texts from Project Gutenberg where the background is something other than white. On my Kindle Paperweight (sorry, Paperwhite) this makes reading somewhat difficult since it results in black on gray, not white. This seems to be common in HTML texts, but I've seen it in others as well.

Is there any simple way to force the background to white in these e-books? Note that I'm NOT up to speed on the "modern" HTML/CSS.
C Alberga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:21 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Alberga View Post
Search didn't seem to give me anything useful here. I'm downloading texts from Project Gutenberg where the background is something other than white. On my Kindle Paperweight (sorry, Paperwhite) this makes reading somewhat difficult since it results in black on gray, not white. This seems to be common in HTML texts, but I've seen it in others as well.

Is there any simple way to force the background to white in these e-books? Note that I'm NOT up to speed on the "modern" HTML/CSS.
look for background-color in the css and either remove it or /* comment it out */

And grab a CSS cheatsheet Link at the bottom of our Wiki https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/CSS
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:03 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the Look & Feel->Styling->Filter style information part of the conversion dialog. Tell it to remove colors and you should be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color background