Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Unwanted Pagebreaks

My normal procedure for prepping an ebook is to save a filtered html file in Word, run it through BookDesigner, and then convert it to lrf in Calibre and send it to my Sony PRS-505.

Since the "7" series of Calibre began, I've been having a problem with how Calibre handles the title and author lines of the book: it puts an unwanted pagebreak between the two. The title page image appears as normal on the first page, but then follows a page with just the title on it, and then a page with just the author on it. I realize support for lrf in Calibre is being deprecated, but this doesn't seem like something that Kovid had intended. Anyone have an idea of what is going on, and how I might correct it?

P.S.: Also, could someone give me a single additional karma point?
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look for the insert page breaks before option and change it to

/

the option is in Structure detection under the conversion options
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Thanks, Kovid --- that did the trick! More moolah coming your way after my next paycheck. Calibre is the best!
And a thanks goes to whomever donated karma to get me off the dreaded "666" mark. I no longer feel an irresistible urge to wash my forehead all the time...
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoleon View Post
Thanks, Kovid --- that did the trick! More moolah coming your way after my next paycheck. Calibre is the best!
And a thanks goes to whomever donated karma to get me off the dreaded "666" mark. I no longer feel an irresistible urge to wash my forehead all the time...
You know how to find that out, right?

click on the link......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote