Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
"If I want to install a bundle through the "update method", such as the BackDoorLock Hack, do I just place the appropriate install.bin file in the root of the Kindle USB Storage (ie not the Documents folder) and restart the kindle?"
Yes. In that place.

No to, Restart the kindle. Use SETTINGS : UPDATE YOUR KINDLE
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #17
Gingah
Gingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheese

Device: K4S B00E
Ok, got many things working - including KUAL with several extensions and the screensaver hack - but am having by some trouble with the developer keys. I install it copying the "developer.keystore" over SCP into the /var/local/java/keystore folder, and after afterwards I can access KUAL. But after another restart it disappears and I have to do it again to use KUAL. Is there any way to keep it there permanently?
Gingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #18
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Why don't you simply install it using the installer?

That said, the developer.keystore gets deleted when you change the registration status of your Kindle, but I'm not aware of other occasions where the Kindle would delete it - at least, not normally.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #19
Gingah
Gingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheese

Device: K4S B00E
Ahh, I installed it as a prerequisite to KUAL, but I did not register my Kindle at any point. It was suggested (here and here) that not being registered can cause the problem

I registered the device, and re-installed the "update_k4_ALL_devcerts_install.bin" file. After the update I did not get any error, nor after a restart following that. I also ran the chattr command, just for the fun of it. Thanks again for the help.

Last edited by twobob; 10-04-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Gingah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, paperwhite, precautions