Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-13-2005, 07:24 AM   #1
Team7
Zealot
Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Toshiba e755,Samsung i730
Talking What I like

I just wanted to say that this is seriously the best forum site I have been to. I really cant name one bad thing about it. I like the color of everything, The simplicity, also when you have a certian number of posts your name changes and there are alot of them. I also like how there is alot of personality to all the members profile, left of the post. I guess the site just has alot of little extras that the other sites dont and it adds up to a great easy to use site. So thanks to everyone who helps the site out and a special thanks to Alexander who designs it all. Atleast I think he does.
Team7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:25 AM   #2
Team7
Zealot
Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

oh and there are games too!!
Advert
Old 01-13-2005, 12:04 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Team7, thank you for your kind comments. Yes, I am the one who is working behind the scenes on the technical aspects of this site; I want to stress, however, that it is the *entire* MR team (my kudos to all of you!) who is working together in making important decisions and improving the appearance and functionality of our site!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:21 PM   #4
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team7
oh and there are games too!!
Yes, there are games... How cool is that? I'm convinced that Alex is a vampire. He never seems to sleep!

And he's very receptive to ideas and input, and making this the best site possible.
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:55 AM   #5
Team7
Zealot

how the hell do I get more karma though!?
Advert
Old 01-14-2005, 09:09 AM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Karma comes when people click on the "karma" link at the top right of your post. That's a mechanism for saying "great post" and it allows you to put a comment to the author also. You're not allowed to give the same person karma very often to try to keep people from abusing the system.

It's something that seems to be forgotten recently (you can tell that just by noticing that Alex "only" has 189 karma after all the great things he's posted on). But it's a nice way to recognize good posts and encourage people. I've only had a few notes from people in karma comments, but I can tell you that each one has meant a lot to me.

Good luck.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:43 AM   #7
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobR
Karma comes when people click on the "karma" link at the top right of your post. That's a mechanism for saying "great post" and it allows you to put a comment to the author also.
I guess I'll have to try to improve the quality of my own posts. My karma here is paltry, at best. <grin>
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:48 AM   #8
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker
I guess I'll have to try to improve the quality of my own posts. My karma here is paltry, at best. <grin>
LOL. I wish we had more posters like you, hacker. Then I could retire Perhaps we should explain the Karma thing at some more prominent place for people to *notice*!
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:52 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Yeah, sorry about that. It is so invisible that even I forgot about this feature. I wrote about how the karma system works here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1422
[Edit: I've fixed the link. Bob]

I agree with Bob: it does feel good if you receive a good karma by someone
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 06:25 PM   #10
Gatton
Groupie
Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021, assorted Fire tablets.
It's a feature I've used but sparingly. I also tend to forget about it. Apparently I have used it on Alex recently though because when I tried to give him karma for reminding us about karma I get the message that I must spread some around first. Hmpf
Gatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 08:42 AM   #11
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Gatton: I had the same issue with it! I PM'ed Alex about it and he explained that this is to avoid someone from signing up twice and giving his two signups fake Karma points.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote