Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Paperwhite refreshes at every page problem

I have intermittent problem with my Paperwhite. Every now and then, my Kindle refreshes at every page regardless of the setting. I already turn off the option to refresh at every page. A bit of research seems to suggest that Kindle will start refreshing at every page if the device is getting too cold or too hot. But my room temperature with heater and thermostat on is about 70 to 80 F, which is well within the normal operating temperature.

There is one solution that seems to always work. If I leave the device idle and let the screen saver comes up on its own, and then turn the device backs on, the problem goes away. But I don't want to do this procedure over and over since it takes about 10 minutes to let the screen saver comes up on its own.

Has anyone seen this problem before with your Kindle? May be not Paperwhite but other models and how did you fix it?
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, I've never seen this or heard of it happening. I'd suggest that you contact Kindle customer service about it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
lizard king
lizard king began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
i've got this same, not every time, but its there
lizard king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:47 AM   #4
kim1406
Connoisseur
kim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: kindle paperwhite
I got this problem one time and here is my post and how I solved it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=194899
kim1406 is offline   Reply With Quote