Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
wizo
wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle
Need help jailbreaking this kindle that i have

Hi, i want to jailbreak this kindle i have, but i would like to clear some things first..

Kindle info:
System Version - 10.2.1
Idk witch model it is, but by my googling skillz i think its Kindle Fire 2 [serial number started with d026]

I saw some guides on youtube and some forums how to jailbreak version 6.0.smth , but in the comment section noone tells if they can do it with higher versions..

Can i jailbreak this kindle or do i need to downgrade to 6.x.x version somehow? If so, how do i downgrade? couldnt find any info on this one..

Thx
wizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The guide to identifying the e-ink display models is here:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

If your Kindle is one without an e-ink display (as you posted, a Kindle Fire - anything), then you are in the wrong forum. This forum only deals with the e-ink display models.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
wizo
wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.wizo got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The guide to identifying the e-ink display models is here:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

If your Kindle is one without an e-ink display (as you posted, a Kindle Fire - anything), then you are in the wrong forum. This forum only deals with the e-ink display models.
I used that page to identify my kindle, and my serial nr starts with D026, from that page D026 = Kindle Fire .. is this good or bad? :x
Old 11-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #4
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Wrong forum. You want the Kindle Fire forum. This forum is only for the eink (black and white) kindles.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
wizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Wrong forum. You want the Kindle Fire forum. This forum is only for the eink (black and white) kindles.
Oh sorry then :>
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #6
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizo View Post
Oh sorry then :>
No problem. It happens.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote