Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
Rob_E
Connoisseur
Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: iPod Touch/iPad
Weird Stanza issue

Hadn't seen this issue before, so I thought I'd see if anyone else had an explanation. I was reading an ebook in Stanza on my iPod Touch. I believe the book started as a text file that I then converted to epub file in Calibre, and then edited in Sigil to get the chapters and page breaks right. So there's lots of places for something to go wrong.

Anyway, I got to the last chapter, and it would only show me the first page of the last chapter. I knew there was more text in the file though,because if shrunk the font, I could read more of the page. I guess if shrunk the font small enough to fit the whole chapter on one screen, I could have read the whole thing. If I had the eyes and the screen resolution for it.

I put the book into Stanza on the iPad: same problem. I put the book back into Sigil and deleted all but the last chapter: same problem. I copied and pasted the last chapter into a new epub document: That worked. I was able to finish the book. I moved the original epub file into iBooks, and it worked fine.

I guess as long as I use iBooks, it's not a problem, but if I'm screwing up the formatting of my ebooks somehow, I'd like to know. Any ideas?
Rob_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
I have had a very similar problem. I had converted some books using calibre from RTF to epub. They worked fine on my SONY reader, but when I moved them to my iPad in Stanza, it would view the first page of text, but then every other page was just blank. If you reduced the font of the first page, more and more text appeared. It was like all of the books text was on the first page.

Same file in iBooks worked perfectly. very strange.
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert