Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Diesel Ebook Sale

Diesel is having a sale through the end of May. They claim it's their first sale in 8 years. A quick look shows over 2800 titles on sale.

http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/ebook_c..._sale/1/1.html
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Never bought from Diesel before, but I see some good prices there, so I'll likely be buying a few...
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
harleigh
harleigh began at the beginning.

Device: None
Will have to to check it out. I never tried Diesel either.
harleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:51 AM   #4
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
I've bought from Diesel. Kind of like Booksonboard.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
I've bought from Diesel. Kind of like Booksonboard.
That's an ill-omen.......

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #6
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
That's an ill-omen.......

Don
LOL I think Dr. Drib meant the good parts of BoB. I noticed they seem to have credit back on purchases like BoB did.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
LOL I think Dr. Drib meant the good parts of BoB. I noticed they seem to have credit back on purchases like BoB did.

I mean that I hope they don't go the way of Bob.

Let's hope these little independents find a business model that allows them to stay in business and be competitive.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:59 AM   #8
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
There's quite a few good titles and I've just looked at the SF/Fantasy selection.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #9
Auricle
Connoisseur
Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Auricle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Yes, stay far far away if you have an ebook addiction. I just picked up several older titles that I've been meaning to check out. Danger, danger!
Auricle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #10
hwlester
Wizard

Bought a couple of books. I just noticed that some of Michael Moorcock's lesser known back catalog are being published (most outside the US by Orbit), but I picked up Warlord of the Air and The Land Leviathan at Diesel. Warlord of the Air is only pennies more expensive than Kobo with a 30% coupon (and I'll keep the coupon for later) and Kobo doesn't even have The Land Leviathan. Unfortunately, book 3 of this series, The Steel Tsar, comes out later this year. I haven't read some of Moorcock's stuff in years.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #11
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Diesel added 3000 more titles to the sale. If you're able, take a second look.

Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #12
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Diesel added 3000 more titles to the sale. If you're able, take a second look.

Is there site broken? I tried buying using paypal but it never works just puts me in a loop of going to paypal to authorize the purchase and then back to the Diesel payment page and clicking continue takes me back to paypal, over and over again, the purchase never goes through.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #13
Big Mack
Enthusiast
Big Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of light

Device: iPod Touch 4; iPhone 4; Kobo Touch; Kobo Glo
Hi Jim - that seems to happen to me when I try to buy a book not available in Canada. unfortunately, there isn't an error message when using Paypal, but you will get one if using a credit card.
Big Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #14
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
Is there site broken? I tried buying using paypal but it never works just puts me in a loop of going to paypal to authorize the purchase and then back to the Diesel payment page and clicking continue takes me back to paypal, over and over again, the purchase never goes through.
Their Paypal works a little differently than Kobo and many other sites. You're setting up an authorization. After logging into Paypal and being returned to the site, don't click the Paypal button again, but click the process order button.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #15
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
I didn't press the PayPal button again, I pressed the continue button but it took me back to PayPal again. Anyway I used my credit card and that worked fine. I'll look for the process order button next time.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote