Old 05-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #16
Tininha
Enthusiast
Tininha began at the beginning.

Device: 2 Entourage Pocket Edge + Entourage Edge
new full size edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
The only place that appears to have new full size edges is http://entourageedge.eu/#9 and I assume that is because of the price €549.
Hi, ivanjt.

I've found new full size Edge's in an online store in Netherland, but they didn't ship internationally, either. € 199.

And I found one 'new other' in Ebay, the seller didn't ship internationally, I bought (better, tried to...) to be shipped to a friend in Las Vegas that later would send it to me, but, till now, couldn't paid the bill... I have a Pay Pal account, but they doesn't accept my payment, cause the seller don't send to Brasil... I'm stuck! I've sent a message to the seller, but he didn't answer, so... I don't know what to do.
Tininha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #17
Tininha
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokra View Post
tinia, i can sell you my pocket edge. let me know if you are interested. its updated to ermine. $100. thanks.
Thank you, chokra, but I have 2 Pocket Edge's already.
I want a full size Edge, now.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #18
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by guada_sp View Post
I got one from ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/230790282002
They have already sent it to me so I have to wait...
Congratulations!! Fingers crossed that it shows up soon and in perfect (or at least really good) condition. If not, don't forget you have recourse through ebay!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #19
guada_sp
guada_sp doesn't litterguada_sp doesn't litter

Device: none
Hahaha well the new EDGE came today and It's working perfect, but there's a little problem, the battery is DEAD, so I'll be trying to get my money back...

EDIT: Well after charging for a while It's recognizing the battery again, false alarm

Last edited by guada_sp; 05-31-2012 at 09:26 PM.
guada_sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:32 AM   #20
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Whew!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #21
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Hahaha well the new EDGE came today and It's working perfect, but there's a little problem, the battery is DEAD, so I'll be trying to get my money back...

EDIT: Well after charging for a while It's recognizing the battery again, false alarm
Leave it on charge for at least 5 hours - longer if you are using it.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #22
guada_sp

Ok, now I have to update to 2.2 and finally I'll have my EDGE back...
Old 06-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #23
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Ok, now I have to update to 2.2 and finally I'll have my EDGE back...
Cool. Hopefully this one turns out to be better than the last one. I think it will.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #24
guada_sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Cool. Hopefully this one turns out to be better than the last one. I think it will.
Well I just updated and it was much easier than i thought, I'm installing again all the soft that I had before
Old 11-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #25
take2teach
take2teach began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
First time buyer

I am an English teacher and I have not yet joined the e-reader ranks. I have been doing some research and have mostly been disappointed with the difficulty of annotating on most e-readers. There would be no point in having an e-reader for me if I could not annotate. My wife would love for me to get one as it cuts down on the amount of books lying around the house. I then happened across an old review for the Entourage Edge. This seems like the ideal device. I am leery, however, about buying a device from a company that no longer exists. I am only moderately (a low moderate) tech savvy. I see many of these devices (pocket version) for $100 or less. Should I take the plunge and risk it (remember, not very tech savvy), or wait a bit for the market to catch up to what I want? Thank you for any and all advice.
take2teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #26
Tininha
Enthusiast

Hello, take2teach.
And welcome to the forum.

I can only speak for myself, but I think you'll not regret it... I bought my first Pocket in dec'10.
Now I have 2 Pockets (one for my baby... ) and 1 Edge. And I'm very happy. I think I haven't read a printed book for more than a year, now, but I read every single day! And annotate constantly. In the books, in the journals...

Don't forget to read the 'sticky' threads, and, in doubt, ask here. You'll see you will find very helpful people. I found!

Good luck.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:57 AM   #27
take2teach
take2teach began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Thanks. Made the plunge with a PE. An early Christmas present from my wife. She hopes that there will not be books on every available surface now. We shall see. Great to find this forum. Lots of good advice.
take2teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #28
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Another happy PE owner here. Bought mine through Woot a little more than a year ago (thanks Obsessed2!) mainly as a backup to my Nook Color.

Here's the thing, though...I use my PE every single day in a variety of ways. The NC gets fired up maybe once every two weeks.

When traveling, I take the Nook and leave my PE safely at home since I know I can always replace the former. I'd be crushed, though, if anything happened to my PE.

So enjoy! I think you'll have many happy hours playing with your new toy
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #29
Tininha
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I'd be crushed, though, if anything happened to my PE.
That's exactly how I feel... I'd be completely crushed...