Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #91
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I can't see PVI making larger screens while their plant is running flat out trying to cope with demand for the 6" screens.
But don't they make the screens for the iLiad as well?

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #92
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I suspect the different sizes will be on different production lines, so if there's a bottleneck that affects them making more than one size at a time, it would probably be in the raw materials flow, upstream of the actual manufacturing plant.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #93
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I suspect the different sizes will be on different production lines, so if there's a bottleneck that affects them making more than one size at a time, it would probably be in the raw materials flow, upstream of the actual manufacturing plant.

I believe you may be right. Oh well... it was a thought.

Derek
Old 04-11-2008, 11:33 AM   #94
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It was a good thought, and you're right, they do make the iLiad displays too. At the same time they logically must have a limit to the resources available to make any of the things.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #95
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
But don't they make the screens for the iLiad as well?

Derek
They do indeed. Sorry, I meant that I can't see them making any NEW larger screen sizes. That's the reason a Jinke model with a 10" screen which was initially due to be released last autumn has been delayed until at least this summer, if not later.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:48 PM   #96
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
They do indeed. Sorry, I meant that I can't see them making any NEW larger screen sizes. That's the reason a Jinke model with a 10" screen which was initially due to be released last autumn has been delayed until at least this summer, if not later.
Do they really? I thought the iLiad was the rare exception where the panel is not being manufactured by PVI.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:51 PM   #97
n@meless1
n@meless1 began at the beginning.

Device: none/none/nokia n73
Quote:
EB-300 in 9.7" e-paper display with WinCE5.0 support WiFi, bluetooth &
touchscreen. WiFi , Bluetooth & Touchscreen are optional. This model will
include AP which support book format - PDF, TXT, RTF, HTML/CHM , Power
Point & Word and Excel.. Sample will be available around end Sept.
What? Does it mean we're going to have two versions of the EB-300 on sale? It would be wonderful: I just do not need the touchscreen nor the bt or the WiFi. I guess the EB-300 without them will be a little more durable in terms of battery life (and maybe also optimized in the code)..not to mention the price

The screen size of the EB-300 is just perfect, as it it more or less the same size of a paper page:

- Book in the hardback format: around 14.5*22.5 cm
- Book in the paperback format: around 12.5*20 cm

-EB-300 display: 142mm*205mm
n@meless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #98
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by n@meless1 View Post
What? Does it mean we're going to have two versions of the EB-300 on sale? It would be wonderful: I just do not need the touchscreen nor the bt or the WiFi. I guess the EB-300 without them will be a little more durable in terms of battery life (and maybe also optimized in the code)..not to mention the price

The screen size of the EB-300 is just perfect, as it it more or less the same size of a paper page:

I would imagine they'll do the EB-300 the same way they appear to be setting up for the EB-200/210. There will be an EB-300 and an EB-310, is my guess - with the EB-310 having wifi, bluetooth and all.

Derek
Old 04-24-2008, 11:09 AM   #99
Huyggy
Zealot
Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Onyx Max 3 & Onyx Lumi 2
I'm glad : I've just discovered this thread about the EB-300 (R.I.P Hanlin V9 and no, definitively no 6-inch readers for me) !
I can wait till September 08... (I know I can...)

Last edited by Huyggy; 04-24-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Huyggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:32 AM   #100
Netronix
Netronix began at the beginning.

Device: Netronix ebook reader device
Quote:
Originally Posted by n@meless1 View Post

Actually, The outer dimension of the 9.7" panel is around 152cm X 218cm. This is just for your reference.
Netronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:40 AM   #101
Netronix
Netronix began at the beginning.

Device: Netronix ebook reader device
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I would imagine they'll do the EB-300 the same way they appear to be setting up for the EB-200/210. There will be an EB-300 and an EB-310, is my guess - with the EB-310 having wifi, bluetooth and all.

Derek
Yes, For future spec. of the EB-300, it will add WiFi, BT & Touchscreen as well.
Netronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:52 AM   #102
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netronix View Post
Actually, The outer dimension of the 9.7" panel is around 152cm X 218cm. This is just for your reference.
That's supposed to be mm isn't it?
Old 04-25-2008, 11:45 AM   #103
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
That's supposed to be mm isn't it?
no no, cm ! haven't you heard about the e-ink Surface prototype ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #104
NatCh
Gizmologist

Old 04-26-2008, 12:29 PM   #105
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Hi Lisa,

Am I correct in believing that you are the manufacturer of the Bookeen CyBook?
Interestingly enough, I had to fill out an FCC740 form regarding what was in the package (still waiting for FedEx to process the form - got the call from their FedEx/US Customs rep (back in New York) about 10 minutes before 5PM Eastern time) and to assist in my completing the form, the nice rep sent me a copy of the customs shipment contents form from Netronix. Even though this is a completely assembled EB-100, it was broken down into separate lists on the form. One was for the e-ink display and the other was for the rest of the assembly - except for the battery which got it's own listing. For the assembly, the description was augmented with this line of data:
Bookeen/ED060KB2/EB001/V.A Hmmm... So the case and computer guts are the same as the Bookeen Cybook Gen3.

Funny thing was that the rep was curious as to exactly what the purpose of the EPE bag (I think that's an anti-static envelope), the Bubble bag (DUH! Ever heard of protection for fragile objects! ) and the Plastic Membrane. Okay, that last might not be too obvious for someone who's been sitting in a bomb shelter for the past several decades, but anyone who's bought and used any hand-held device with screen knows that the P.M. is used to protect the display from scratches! He even asked me whether I thought perhaps the EPE bag might be made of volatile and unstable chemicals! (I just *love* the era of Department of Homeland Security and the USA PATRIOT Act - not!)

Still, I gained confirmation that the battery is made by HECELL and is their 3.7V 1AH 56x33x5mm unit - if anyone wants to order one as a spare. It's cheaper than the Bookeen-available one.

Derek

Tags
e ink, e-book reader, netronix, pvi