Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-27-2009, 05:02 AM   #1
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
Calibre for newbies

I am thinking of downloading this program, but am a bit unsure. Do I still need to download to ADE or do I need to tell my computer to download stright to Calibre?
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:08 AM   #2
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
You don't need ADE if you don't have DRM-ed epubs/pdfs. Those need to pass through it, or through Sony eBook Library software.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2009, 05:50 AM   #3
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the reply. As I am not very computer savvy I need to go in smaller steps. Do I the download straight to Calibre, and if so how do I do this so that I don't go into ADE first?
Old 09-27-2009, 05:52 AM   #4
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Rose View Post
Thanks for the reply. As I am not very computer savvy I need to go in smaller steps. Do I the download straight to Calibre, and if so how do I do this so that I don't go into ADE first?
You're welcome the download, from your browser, should bring you directly to ADE if they're DRM-ed; then you can add the file from finder/explorer/... to calibre or from within calibre (import). If they aren't, you will find the files in the download directory, and from there you can add them to calibre.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:59 AM   #5
Panda Rose
Zealot

Ahh, I understand now. Thanks c
Advert
Old 09-27-2009, 05:59 AM   #6
Juliette
I eat books

You're welcome- if you need more, I'm always here