Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #16
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
The OP mentioned returning the Nook to the wrong address, one noted on the web site titled "returning items to B&N". It's actually an easy thing to do.
Yeah, I looked at the page. This is what it says.

Quote:
eturns are accepted within 14 days of the date that you received your order. Books, DVDs and CDs (in their original, unopened, shrink-wrapped condition), and Toys & Games can be mailed with the original packing slip to:

Barnes & Noble
Returns Department
1 Barnes & Noble Way
Monroe Township, NJ 08831

Please Note: nook returns are not accepted at the address above, and no refunds will be approved to nooks sent there. See our Returning nook details.
The Returning nook details is a link to the bottom of the page:

Quote:

Returning nook

You can return nook within 14 days of receipt. Either call 1-800-THE-BOOK (843-2665) for a return authorization, or return it to a Barnes & Noble store.

Please note: if you do not call for a return authorization number and send the nook to the wrong return center, no refund will be provided and your nook will not be returned to you.
It seems pretty clear to me.

There are certainly customer service aspects in which Amazon seems to be better than B&N (like, EMAIL responses to any tech difficulties with nook or e-books) but this one seems kind of lame.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #17
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebo View Post
Does this really belongs to the News section which is supposed to be the "Latest on e-books, e-paper, DRM and related technologies"? It might be more appropriate in the Nook section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Well, the possibility seemed to be news, but after I posted this I did wonder if I should have put it under 'Discussions'. Obviously the mods will shift it around if they think best.
Since this is about the Nook and the OP mentioned placement, I've moved it into the B&N Nook forum.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #18
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Good to know! I just got a Nook with a problem and as soon as I read your post I made *SURE* to ask them for an RMA! Thank you!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #19
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Welcome!

And thanks for putting this in a better place, dreams.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:33 PM   #20
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Good to know! I just got a Nook with a problem and as soon as I read your post I made *SURE* to ask them for an RMA! Thank you!

Derek
Would that be simplier and faster just to return the Nook to the Barnes & Nobles store? I hate mailing things back and forth since I want instant gratification.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert