Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 09:34 AM   #1
swaneelee
swaneelee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Merge part I & II of downloaded pdf book

I downloaded a novel in 2 parts and was wondering if there was a way to merge the 2 parts? Or do I send them to my kindle as 2 parts?
thanks
swaneelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre doesn't do book merging, use an ebook editor like Sigil for that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
There is a useful, free PDF Merge and Split utility you could try if your PDFs are DRM-free.

Here's a link http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfmerge/
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #4
swaneelee
swaneelee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Thank you so much Jackie_W I downloaded and tried it and it looks like it worked great!!!
I had checked out Sigil but for me it seemed too complex.
this was a snap and I can use it for some of my other regular pdf files
best part too was it was free can't get any better then that
I had just resigned myself to putting on my reader in 2 parts.
swaneelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I'm glad it worked for you
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert