Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-31-2008, 09:57 PM   #1
Junior94
Junior94 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Newbie working with RSS news feeds

Hi, I got a Kindle for Christmas and I am working with the RSS news feeds, besides books.

A couple of questions. I was interested in some different feeds from the NY Times - Business, Tech, etc. So I had the RSS feeds set up on my Kindle, did that two days ago. Went to update today, and ran into the problem that Hadrien mentioned about getting error messages. However, I had not tried to update more than once a day. Do you think that if I was trying to update two different feeds from the NY Times, that would explain why the first feed updated OK, and then the second and subsequent feeds gave me this error message?

Also, how does one go about consolidating various RSS feeds into a single "newspaper"?? I get the impression you can consolidate into a single feed, but don't know how. The Feedbooks site for the RSS feeds doesn't provide a lot of help.

Finally, can someone clarify the difference between the term "public" and "private" newspapers? Not sure what this means and how this affects whether I get full content (like from the Guardian) or abbreviated content?

Thanks!!!
Junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Welcome to the forum, Junior94! I can't answer your questions about RSS feeds. If no one drops by this thread to answer your question, you might consider posting the question in the subforum where you saw Hadrien's post.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2009, 09:14 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Junior94 and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote