Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #16
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Maybe I wasn't clear. Hold the power slider for 20 seconds to power the unit down. Hold the paperclip in and then hold the slider over for 5-10 seconds and release. I forget whether it makes a difference which you release first. Look for the LED flashing or wait the 5-10 seconds and release, honestly I forget the exact sequence.

Blue LED for 15 minutes: I'm guessing one of two things, either you need to hit the power slider again to power it down, or that you activated the restore and for some reason it's not finishing -15 minutes is waaaaay too long.

If you can't get anywhere with the reset, and you feel comfortable you might try writing a new image to the internal SDHC card if your unit has one. But go to the Kobo developers forum and read up first, make sure you get the correct software to read/write the image, and the correct image. Better yet, try it on a new SDHC card, they're cheap. You might also try popping the internal card out and reseating it since you mentioned travel it could have come unseated... Funny that it seemed to try and restore the one time. Best of luck.

The back cover comes off by just running your fingernail or a spudger tool around the curved edge where it merges into the flat around the edge. Most start by the power switch or USB port. The thumbnail works well because your finger provides a "stop" so you don't cram a spudger in.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #17
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
After several days I have a problem quite like it.
I'm reading, mark the chapter, close the cover. Battery 46%, the next day when I try to turn it on, the battery is completely depleted. Plug it into my cell phone charger, it wakes up, but after fully charged I unplug it and it freezes. After one too many resets, it opens the chapter I was reading but it's stuck on loading. I removed the book, but it still freezes and depletes the battery.
Disabled the smart cover, to turn it on and off, but also, it's frozen. I have no option to send it back, I live in South America.
I'm loading my books onto the SD card to see if it helps.
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #18
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
@susaz

What firmware are you using. I am having some really weird problems with firmware 3.0
Resets every time I open it. Sometimes with battery depletion.
Gives SD card error saying to format it, but continues on and reads the card. The card is fine according to windows and I did reformat it. Same thing.
Almost every time I press the bottom in the page number area brings up font menu without selecting it.
The books display a cover with two outlined squares around the title and may or may not display the actual cover eventually.
The home page displays this as well but in time overwrite this with actual covers.

It is like it has lost what little it had of it's mind

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #19
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
@susaz

What firmware are you using. I am having some really weird problems with firmware 3.0
Resets every time I open it. Sometimes with battery depletion.
Gives SD card error saying to format it, but continues on and reads the card. The card is fine according to windows and I did reformat it. Same thing.
Almost every time I press the bottom in the page number area brings up font menu without selecting it.
The books display a cover with two outlined squares around the title and may or may not display the actual cover eventually.
The home page displays this as well but in time overwrite this with actual covers.

It is like it has lost what little it had of it's mind

Helen
Updated automatically to 2.8.0 last week, before the problems started. I'm already suspecting it might be a problem of a plugin, or worse, the Kepubs converted by Calibre. I'll disable the plugin and reload everything on epub. This didn't happen before converting books to Kepub and installing the Calibre plugins.
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #20
Antares
Antares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to behold

Device: none
Hello everyone, sorry for the delay. i've been waiting a reply from Kobo Customer Service. My device will be replaced, they are going to ship me one (they pay for it) and i have to send them mine (i pay for it).

For what i've been told it was a hard brick, all by itself because i did not do anything else besides update 2 days earlier and load some books. Im not sure if Calibre had something to do with it but i'll try to edit/convert books without the eReader plugged in.

Thank you all for the time and help. See ya' around

Last edited by Antares; 11-22-2013 at 06:03 AM.
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #21
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
oh thanks you all for the help, i really appreciate it.

The device is brand new, it was ordered it on october 16th and i have it since this tuesday!. Imagine my anger when i couldn't turn it on. Still is under warranty, i'd talked to the CS live chat yesterday and they told me to send them some pics of me naked my Kobo front/back and the purchase order (i bought through Amazon) but no reply yet.

Yesterday, after i tried to power on the KG and after the lights went green/blue, the screen changed and it begun to load normally, but when i touched the Menu Button the screen got frozen again.

I'll try all those things again. ty all!

---
Udate:

its fully charged, i tried holding down the light button then slide-release but only a blue light turns on..then nothing, no disco ball LEDs, no screen changes
Lucky for you, you ordered it on Amazon, they will give you 100% percent refund if the CS rep does not help. Gotta love Amazon.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote