Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #16
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Also, I live in Central Europe, and iOS chargers are likely different depending on which region of the world you live in. (When you visit Italy and Germany, two countries relatively close to each other, they both use different types of plugs. There are even more differences between continents.)
lol...I was sitting in Aqaba, Jordan the first time I read one of your posts...I remember because I though it was cool that you were "relatively close." I travel extensively for work so I know all about those pesky plugs...I ended up getting a device that with the flip of a couple buttons, a tap dance or two, and 3 claps of my right hand, I get the correct arrangement of prongs to come out and I can plug in anywhere in the world!

Here is the one I have used for the last couple of years...and I think I should have said 2.1Amps instead of volts...

Here's another with 4 ports...for those "power users"....(yuk, yuk, yuk)

Cheers!

Last edited by Turtle91; 01-29-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #17
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Thank you for the links, Turtle. I might give those a try.

I forgot to mention I once (about a year ago) got a double-port iOS charger, of the Macally brand. It expressly stated on the package it was suitable both for iPads and iPhones. Well, it likely wasn't ready for the demands of iPad 3... because it refused to charge the iPad and the iPhone simultaneously... and after about a week, it stopped charging completely. So I returned it to the store, and got another one. The same story happened again. So I also returned the second one to the store and resigned myself to the fact I'll just continue using 3 separate chargers for iPad 1, iPad 3 and iPhone 4. Well, I can live with that. I use the two iPad chargers interchangeably, and they also charge the iPhone. The only thing that doesn't work is trying to charge the iPad 3 with the iPhone charger (iPad 1 works fine with it).

Last edited by Faterson; 01-29-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 03:28 AM   #18
alinachao
alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alinachao considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: iPad 2
Excellent, maybe I should get one, too.
alinachao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #19
blunty
Enthusiast
blunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Fire, iPad, iPhone5, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Vox
Another aspect of battery life is how long it lasts when not using the device. I have an iPad 3, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox, and Nexus and all 3 Android tablets leak charge terribly if just left. To stop this you have to turn off completely which then means at least 45s to start up again. Whereas if I just leave the iPad in a drawer for a week it will come on instantly with no noticeable loss of charge.
blunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #20
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Agreed. It has always amazed me that whenever I bought a new iPad from the Apple store (and I've bought at least 6 of them over the years for myself, family and others), it was almost always fully charged, so that you could start using it right away, instead of (as usual with other devices) first charging it for a few hours, then using it.
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 06:03 AM   #21
imtommy
imtommy began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Wow ... I've never been a "fan boy" I just like Apple products. But the new iPad exceeds in terms of battery life. It's as good as the iPad 3.

I'm still traveling before arriving to Colombia. Two airports and 24hrs later (due plane changes and two stops) I still have 30% battery. I even watched two movies using Amazon Prime offline: Ted and HeadHunters, both fully recommended by the way... :-)

Of course, it was not on all the time, but most of the trip. I'm just writing this from the mini , by the way...

This size and aspect ratio is just perfect!
It seem that with new OS 6.xx batteries are more stressed! Apple already knows the problem. We wait a new update.
Italy here
imtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #22
cassle
Enthusiast
cassle began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500, iPhone
This is a really good news! I've been enjoying iPhone series but has just finally tempted to use iPad mini for e-reader (because I feel it's finally 'not so big').
cassle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #23
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
I was really surprised by the battery life also. I had to charge my Kobo Vox after an evening using it but my iPad mini is still 50% charged after using it for 7 or 8 hours
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #24
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

I'm afraid the extra-long battery life will go away as soon as Apple release the eagerly awaited (by me, too) iPad mini with Retina display -- but I'm fine with the very long "standard" iPad runtime of 10 hours, too.

(I'm a lot more dissatisfied with the iPhone's rather weak battery life. And, of course the ideal situation would be to charge an iPad every 3 or 4 weeks, like you do with a hardware Kindle device. But that's utopia in 2013. Then again, the Kindle device itself and its extremely long battery life would have been utopia 20 years ago, so...)