Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
ISBN Question

I just finished an epub for a client of mine, besides the epub he needed a mobi and a pdf. I generated these and now need to know the following. Client then gave me the ISBN number for the book he generated and I entered it in the metadata inside the epub. The client then generated 3 more ISDN #s and is wanting me to add these to the mobi and pdf.

How does the ISDN code system work? I would think that the ISDN the client has for the hardcover book would be the same number that would be used in the epub. I converted that epub to a mobi file and there is nowhere to re enter an isbn code do I assume that the .mobi would have the same code as the epub. Is this true with the pdf as well?

anybody?

thx

RD
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphiedee View Post
I just finished an epub for a client of mine, besides the epub he needed a mobi and a pdf. I generated these and now need to know the following. Client then gave me the ISBN number for the book he generated and I entered it in the metadata inside the epub. The client then generated 3 more ISDN #s and is wanting me to add these to the mobi and pdf.

How does the ISDN code system work? I would think that the ISDN the client has for the hardcover book would be the same number that would be used in the epub. I converted that epub to a mobi file and there is nowhere to re enter an isbn code do I assume that the .mobi would have the same code as the epub. Is this true with the pdf as well?

anybody?

thx

RD
This is NOT a Sigil question.
There is a separate ISBN for each (dead tree) format

Since Sigil makes EPUB (1 format), you will need other tools to include the proper ISBN for each other format
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert