Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-18-2013, 02:42 AM   #1396
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
... as long as you're aware that you have "dead" (non-functional) files lying around (the fontsize patch), just leave it as it is
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #1397
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Feature trigger is still there, but disabled by default and doesn't depend on file marker existence anymore. It's in /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/Reader-plugin.jar. You'll find pdf.reflow.enabled resource in one of inner resource bundles (set to false by default).
Confirmed that changing this setting works for the Paperwhite (I'm on 5.3.4).

I know next to nothing about java, but I used JBE on Reader-plugin.jar!com/amazon/ebook/booklet/reader/plugin/pdf/resources/PDFResources.class and changed
Code:
iconst_0
invokespecial java/lang/Boolean/<init>(Z)V
to
Code:
iconst_1
invokespecial java/lang/Boolean/<init>(Z)V
and the Text-Only Display/Original Display options show up. I'm sure there are better programs and/or more elegant ways to accomplish this that the java masterminds can share, but I just wanted to share my experience. Needless to say, be sure to back up first and fiddle around at your own risk!

Perhaps ixtab might consider adding this to JBPatch, if possible? I certainly think it's handy, and it's one of the only features I really missed from my Nook STR.

Last edited by 7hir7een; 04-18-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Added firmware version
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #1398
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Well... That's an unusual example of luck in fiddling around with the help of some tools.

Create file /mnt/us/documents/reflow (content doesn't matter), then restart framework:
Code:
# touch /mnt/us/documents/reflow
# restart framework
Open PDF, invoke menu and there will be a new toggle option Text-Only Display. I've tested it on this file, it works.

BTW, option should be displayed under the name Original Display when reflow mode is on, but it doesn't for me. Anyway, it switches between modes just fine on Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1.
It works, although the reflow is not perfect. I'm using KT 5.3.2. thanks eureka for the tip.

Last edited by yiming; 04-19-2013 at 09:25 AM.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:22 AM   #1399
sim kyu ho(KOR)
sim kyu ho(KOR) began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paper White
It doesnt work :(

i am using kindle paperwhite Version 5.3.4 and it doesnt't work with JBPatch 4.0
sim kyu ho(KOR) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #1400
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sim kyu ho(KOR) View Post
i am using kindle paperwhite Version 5.3.4 and it doesnt't work with JBPatch 4.0
Some context here would help -

What doesn't work?
The directions for 5.3.4 or the directions for 5.3.2 (different devices) or .... ?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #1401
lpclimber
lpclimber began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim kyu ho(KOR) View Post
My kindle paperwhite (Version 5.3.4) propmted an error message window after i installed the JBPatch 4.0
------
Application Error:
The Selected application could not be started.
Please try again.
------
the crash.log located in \developer\JBPatch\work\ say "[4/22/13 7:54 PM] JBPatch (v. 4.0.0) Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is 77,536 KB
"

Hope someone can help or i had to try to uninstall JBPatch 4.0
lpclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #1402
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just restart the device, and the error should be gone...
Old 04-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #1403
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Fw 5.3.5, the nightmare continues ... anyone already checked?
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:33 AM   #1404
Helgetus
Zealot
Helgetus doesn't litterHelgetus doesn't litter

Device: PW1, PW2, KB3G, Sony PRS-T3
I read in the Amazon.de Forum that after the update JBPatch does not work anymore. The jailbreak seems to be untouched.
Helgetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:24 AM   #1405
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Circulating infos, coming from the JB thread for PW here ...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=474
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:56 AM   #1406
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
It seems like they're waiting the newest jbpatch release to update the firmware... (just kidding)

pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #1407
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
EDIT: Sorry for the misinformation by misinterpretation.

Last edited by Antoinekamel; 04-24-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #1408
atleon
Enthusiast
atleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I think Twobob means jailbreak when he uses JB (not JBPatch).
atleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #1409
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by atleon View Post
I think Twobob means jailbreak when he uses JB (not JBPatch).
Yep.. JBPatch is *not* working.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #1410
ixtab
(offline)

Sorry folks

PW version 5.3.5 is just as (re-)obfuscated as every other Paperwhite version.

Of course, none of the previous JBPatch versions work on the new firmware.

Last edited by ixtab; 04-24-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks