Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-21-2018, 05:36 AM   #31
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Attachment 161716

The Ctrl+Alt+Right and Left you see are custom values (defaults are Ctrl+Right and Left), all my other horizontal tabbed interfaces - Firefox, MS Office, xplorer² file manager, Notepad++, Sigil, etc - use the same sequences.

BR
Thank you!, I found it, but I feel it quite uncomfortable. I would prefer a switch in the contextual menu, but it's not a bigger issue.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:51 AM   #32
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you!, I found it, but I feel it quite uncomfortable. I would prefer a switch in the contextual menu, but it's not a bigger issue.
But because they never get keyboard focus, I don't think you can get to a VL tab's context menu via the the menu key or Shift+F10. Right clicking on a VL tab to use a Next or Previous VL menu item seems superfluous to me - why not just left click on the Next/Previous tab?

But to each his own.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:01 AM   #33
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
But because they never get keyboard focus, I don't think you can get to a VL tab's context menu via the the menu key or Shift+F10. Right clicking on a VL tab to use a Next or Previous VL menu item seems superfluous to me - why not just left click on the Next/Previous tab?

But to each his own.

BR
No, you cannot, I really know

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 01-21-2018 at 06:09 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:48 AM   #34
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
I wouldn't mind having a tweak to turn that feature off - because I'm keyboard centric I often end up in where I don't want to be

BR
It's a Qt thing.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:49 PM   #35
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Should of guessed that

Cute features are not always a good thing, except on children under 4 years.

BR
Old 03-24-2018, 11:58 PM   #36
Bigo2
Zealot
Bigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle3
Here is the description of the Quick jump Alphabetical TAB bar we were talking about in this Thread and how to create it.

Alphabet Tab bar which provide quick jump to the selected letter corresponding with the first letter of the Author name, can be created by means of the Virtual Library button found near the top left corner of the Calibre screen:

Click the "Virtual Library" button and select "Create Virtual Library":
In the first line "Virtual library name" type the first letter of the alphabet: A
In the second line "Search expression" enter the following: Author:~^A
Click OK and the first Tab "A" of your Quick jump bar appears next to the All books Tab.
You have to create all the required letters to get the complete Quick jump bar – proceed as above:
In the first line "Virtual library name" type the next letter of the alphabet: B
In the second line "Search expression" enter the following: Author:~^B
Click OK and the first Tab "B" of your Quick jump bar appears next to the All books Tab. Continue with the rest of the letters of the alphabet...
Note: Of course instead of creating the Alphabet Tab bar based on the Author name you can create an Alphabet bar based on Title, in that case in the “Search expression” you would enter Title:~^A etc.)
After you finish creating the Tabs, each Tab will contain a close X button, and if you accidentally click it, the Tab will disappear. The Tab can be recovered easily, however, you can hide all the close X buttons (it will also make each Tab narrower):
Click on the leftmost “All books” Tab (or any other Tab) with the mouse Right button, and then click on “Lock virtual library tabs”.

That’s it – Good Luck!
Quick jump Alphabetical TAB bar was created with the help of kovidgoyal - Thanks Kovid!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TAB bar.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	163045  

Last edited by Bigo2; 03-25-2018 at 04:20 AM.
Bigo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:11 AM   #37
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

well done - and thanks for letting us know how it's done

BR
Old 03-25-2018, 03:47 AM   #38
Bigo2
Zealot
Bigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle3
You are welcome BetterRed
Bigo2 is offline   Reply With Quote