Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-09-2017, 05:35 AM   #91
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Has he finished the Chung Kuo rewrite? I was collecting the paperbacks until I learned how ungodly expensive the final book was, so I gave up and never read the books.

No, hasn't, to my knowledge.

I don't know what he's doing. (Maybe he's in a seated position trying to determine if he has an 'innie' or an 'outie'.)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-09-2017 at 09:23 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:54 AM   #92
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post

[/B]Steven Erikson's Malazan: Book of the Fallen. 10 long books, starting with Gardens of the Moon. They are about as epic as you can get.
LONG, tell me about it! My DXG uses locations, not page numbers, an average book is about 5,000, these 10 books add up to almost 190,000, so the equivalent of about 38 average books. Almost through book 2 and it looks like I'll be reading this till February.

I will say though that you have to stick at it, book 1 is a bit disjointed, lots of plot threads begin that don't start to come together until book 2. Am enjoying it though, I like a universe that you can immerse yourself in.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:44 AM   #93
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricorn View Post
LONG, tell me about it! My DXG uses locations, not page numbers, an average book is about 5,000, these 10 books add up to almost 190,000, so the equivalent of about 38 average books. Almost through book 2 and it looks like I'll be reading this till February.

I will say though that you have to stick at it, book 1 is a bit disjointed, lots of plot threads begin that don't start to come together until book 2. Am enjoying it though, I like a universe that you can immerse yourself in.
Yeah, it takes a bit to get going. Book 2 isn't event he same cast of characters as book 1! I read the first 5 or 6 books straight through, took a small break for some less epic books and then went back for the finish.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote