Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-13-2021, 03:41 PM   #1
Ridcully
Enthusiast
Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10th gen. Paperwhite (2018)
How to set the system date on a Kindle 8th gen

Hello

I gave my old Kindle 8 to a family member and it appears that recently new books (all loaded via Windows Explorer since it's permanently on airplane mode) started ending up on the back of the recent books list and won't budge.

After connecting the Kindle to my PC it seems that the Kindle somehow got convinced that we're in September 2015. I know how to change the time, but it doesn't seem like I can change the system date Has anyone had this problem?
Ridcully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 04:19 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
You have to let it connect to internet, I think.

Or just go through and open each book and eventually all of them will adjust to the 2015 date time and sort in the expected order (this is what I do with my Kindle 1, which can no longer connect to internet (cellular only access went away).

Last edited by tomsem; 11-13-2021 at 04:22 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2021, 08:36 PM   #3
Ridcully
Enthusiast
Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ridcully ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10th gen. Paperwhite (2018)
Oh ok, I was hoping there was a nicer way.

I'm gonna try setting all the other file modification dates in the documents folder several years back with Attribute Changer, hopefully that works
Ridcully is offline   Reply With Quote