Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-01-2021, 05:04 PM   #2956
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I just dove into KU a few months ago and have been devouring UF/PNR.
Recommendations:
  • Guild Codex Universe by Annette Marie - there are currently 4 intertwined sub-series, all have slowly developing romances over their arcs.
  • Valkyrie Beastiary series by Kim McDougall - unique world with romance. Tough but empathetic heroine.
  • Death Before Dragons by Lindsay Buroker - In the middle of this one right now, love the tough, irreverent heroine and haughty dragon slow burn. Great world.
  • Supernatural London by Helen Harper - Yay, a new one is coming out in Dec. Includes 2 intertwined sub-series Firebrand & Wolfbrand.
  • Leveling Up by K.F. Breene - Goofy world with romance
  • DDVN by K.F. Breene - another strong, irreverent heroine with romance. 3 intertwined sub-series.

I have a huge list I'm still wading through but I enjoyed/enjoying all these series.
I'll try out the Valkyrie Beastiary series first - "Tough but empathetic heroine" called out to me
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 07:09 PM   #2957
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
I just dove into KU a few months ago and have been devouring UF/PNR.
Recommendations:......
Seconding these.

Would also add an absolute gem of a fantasy romance - the Stariel series by AJ Lancaster. First book is The Lord of Stariel.

For contemporary romance, there's so much that it's hard to know what to recommend without knowing your tastes, but some authors I really enjoy are Lucy Score, Pippa Grant, Claire Kingsley, Adriana Locke, Jolie Vines, Meghan Quinn, Rosalind James, Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward, Sara Ney.

Any books published through Montlake romance will be in KU, and authors that self-publish such as Marie Force have started rotating their romances into the program for 3-6 mos, then taking them out again.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2021, 07:14 PM   #2958
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I'll try out the Valkyrie Beastiary series first - "Tough but empathetic heroine" called out to me
There are 3 prequels.
  • The Last Door to Underhill occurs well before the main series but adds some depth to one of the characters. I actually read it after book 1, I don't think I would have engaged with the world as much if I had read it first.
  • The Girl who Cried Banshee occurs about 10 years before main series and is free today!
  • Three Half Goats Gruff occurs about a year before the main series, it covers the first meeting of the hero and heroine. I didn't know about this one before I read book 1, I went looking for it because I felt like there was something I had missed. Short story, worth the quick read.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 07:15 PM   #2959
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Seconding these.

Would also add an absolute gem of a fantasy romance - the Stariel series by AJ Lancaster. First book is The Lord of Stariel.
That one is high on my list but I keep getting side-tracked and tied up in 10 book series.
Old 11-01-2021, 07:16 PM   #2960
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For those of you who already have KU, there's a deal going right now to extend your membership for 6 months ($47.84), 12 months ($80.30), or 24 months ($143.80).

The 24 month deal works out to $6/mo. I'm enjoying the membership far more than I thought I would, so I jumped on that one.
Advert
Old 11-01-2021, 07:17 PM   #2961
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Seconding these.
For contemporary romance, there's so much that it's hard to know what to recommend without knowing your tastes, but some authors I really enjoy are Lucy Score, Pippa Grant, Claire Kingsley, Adriana Locke, Jolie Vines, Meghan Quinn, Rosalind James, Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward, Sara Ney.

Any books published through Montlake romance will be in KU, and authors that self-publish such as Marie Force have started rotating their romances into the program for 3-6 mos, then taking them out again.
Penny Reid recently added her entire Winston brother series, I haven't read any of them yet but I really like the author.
Old 11-01-2021, 07:20 PM   #2962
worktolive
Guru

Quote:
That one is high on my list but I keep getting side-tracked and tied up in 10 book series.
KU makes it so easy to fall down the series rabbit hole....

Right now, I'm counting down the days until Fated Blades by Ilona Andrews releases. So happy it's going to be in KU.
Old 11-01-2021, 07:28 PM   #2963
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
For those of you who already have KU, there's a deal going right now to extend your membership for 6 months ($47.84), 12 months ($80.30), or 24 months ($143.80).

The 24 month deal works out to $6/mo. I'm enjoying the membership far more than I thought I would, so I jumped on that one.
I had tried to cut off my current month membership only so I could take advantage of anything that comes up for Black Friday but they gave me another 3 months for 9.99 so now my membership is active until 1/30/22 (I really didn't want to cut it off for almost a month anyhow ). I'm still going to keep an eye on the extended deals on BF/CM because I'm also really enjoying the membership way more than expected.
Old 11-01-2021, 08:14 PM   #2964
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Seconding these.

Thanks! The Stariel series looks very interesting (and I love the covers ) I'll check out the authors for the contemps, especially Rosalind James - I always enjoy her books.
Old 11-01-2021, 08:18 PM   #2965
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
There are 3 prequels.
  • The Last Door to Underhill occurs well before the main series but adds some depth to one of the characters. I actually read it after book 1, I don't think I would have engaged with the world as much if I had read it first.
  • The Girl who Cried Banshee occurs about 10 years before main series and is free today!
  • Three Half Goats Gruff occurs about a year before the main series, it covers the first meeting of the hero and heroine. I didn't know about this one before I read book 1, I went looking for it because I felt like there was something I had missed. Short story, worth the quick read.
Oh, thanks for the heads-up! I've already started the first book (so many different creatures so far!), so I'll wait to finish before I look at the prequels.
Old 11-02-2021, 12:02 AM   #2966
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Hey guys, those of you with Kindle Unlimited, can you recommend any gems? I got a 3-month KU subscription with a new Kindle purchase and I wanted to see what I can get out of it. Preferably contemporaries and urban fantasy. And I know this is the Romance thread but if you read any good KU mysteries, feel free to recommend these as well, while you're at it Thanks much!
You might look at the Jane Aikin Hodge titles - romantic suspense - though which are in KU may differ between NA and UK and some titles have been changed.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 06:03 AM   #2967
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Quote:
I had tried to cut off my current month membership only so I could take advantage of anything that comes up for Black Friday but they gave me another 3 months for 9.99 so now my membership is active until 1/30/22 (I really didn't want to cut it off for almost a month anyhow ). I'm still going to keep an eye on the extended deals on BF/CM because I'm also really enjoying the membership way more than expected.
Note that you do not have to cut off current membership to take advantage of the sale.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 06:14 AM   #2968
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Thank you!

Quote:

Thanks so much for posting this- I also jumped on the 24-month deal. So many free/discounted audiobooks as well!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 04:27 PM   #2969
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus

Thank you so much for this! My membership literally expires in 6 days, and I've had my fingers crossed for a while for a good deal.

It took me a while to find my way to the deal, though, because when I tried via "Your Account/Memberships and Subscriptions/Kindle Unlimited" the deals didn't show up - just a monthly auto-renew option. So then I did some googling and found my way to the deal. So for those who might be similarly search-challenged , here's a link that worked for me:

https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/hz...ibe/ku/KUPlans

Of course, YMMV...

Quote:

sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:19 PM   #2970
worktolive
Guru

Oops, thanks for posting the KU link. I didn't think to do so myself.

For anyone whose links aren't working, it's a bit tricky to find. Click on the Kindle Unlimited tab at the top of any Amazon search page, then on the KU page in the top right corner, there's link "Extend your membership" that will take you to the deal.