Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-30-2020, 06:29 PM   #316
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
@giotti: both are general questions better answered elsewhere. Don't hessitate to create new threads. Each one focused on a a topic. That way is easier to locate them later and can be used by other users, even when they're using different devices
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 06:37 PM   #317
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
And because I'm feeling generous:

1. That's the the reference page number, which you can disable in the "Document" tab of the top menu

2. In the "Gear" tab, in Screen > e-Ink settings.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2020, 06:47 PM   #318
giotti
Connoisseur
giotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it is

Device: Wexler flex.one, Boyue T65s, Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Thanks a lot. Next time I will ask in the right section.
I promise :-)
giotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:11 PM   #319
Glottis
Enthusiast
Glottis began at the beginning.

Device: H2O, Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by giotti View Post
By the way I take the opportunity to ask an unrelated question which is probably already discussed elsewhere: where can I set the refresh rate, i.e. the number of pages turning after which a screen refresh is executed?
No idea about the numbers, but for me and my poke2 the page refresh is built into the reader itself and can't be changed through KOreader.
Glottis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:18 PM   #320
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glottis View Post
No idea about the numbers, but for me and my poke2 the page refresh is built into the reader itself and can't be changed through KOreader.
To know if your device has epd support within KOReader you can go to help -> report a bug. Android devices without special support only say: "model, api, version", while devices with support will also say the e-ink platform. For example: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-620378418

Only devices that are supported have a setting available.
Advert
Old 10-31-2020, 03:25 AM   #321
Winkelschraube
Connoisseur
Winkelschraube began at the beginning.

Device: The (orly) amazing Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
And because I'm feeling generous:

1. That's the the reference page number, which you can disable in the "Document" tab of the top menu
I can not find the point. Were is it?
Winkelschraube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 08:19 AM   #322
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glottis View Post
There's some work being done in https://github.com/koreader/android-...ncher/pull/250. This is only for Nova 2 for now, but it *should* also work on Poke 2. Some time in the future, the E-ink test will have extra button for Qualcomm/Onyx devices. If it flashes on Poke 2 it may be added.
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:26 PM   #323
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Winkelschraube: It'll only display inside an actual ePub 3 document that features a reference pagemap.
Old 11-01-2020, 02:36 AM   #324
Winkelschraube
Connoisseur
Winkelschraube began at the beginning.

Device: The (orly) amazing Kindle Oasis 3
Ok, nice to know.
Winkelschraube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:23 AM   #325
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Winkelschraube: It'll only display inside an actual ePub 3 document that features a reference pagemap.
I came across the same issue with a book recently downloaded from Gutenberg. However the book was EPUB2 but had a pageList section in the toc.ncx :

Code:
<pageList id="pages" class="pagelist">
    <navLabel>
      <text>Pages</text>
    </navLabel>
    <pageTarget id="pt-1" value="1" type="normal" playOrder="4">
      <navLabel>
        <text>[Pg 5]</text>
      </navLabel>
      <content src="RFT_split2.html#Page_5"/>
    </pageTarget>
    <pageTarget id="pt-2" value="2" type="normal" playOrder="6">
      <navLabel>
        <text>[Pg 6]</text>
      </navLabel>
(much truncated)

So not just restricted to EPUB3. I hadn't seen this previously in Gutenberg books and it may be a modern innovation with their conversion process.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 11:22 AM   #326
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Huh. Indeed, there was an ePub 2 precedent .

c.f., https://github.com/koreader/crengine/pull/336 for the actual details of the KOReader implementation .
Old 12-22-2020, 02:53 PM   #327
Freakeao
Connoisseur
Freakeao began at the beginning.

Device: none
Trying out KOReader on my android tablet. Book reader looks great, so many options. CSS support is awesome.

But one area I'm hoping for more features is the file browser. Is there something that presents more like a library view, where you can group books by (calibre metadata) series? I plan on using OPDS to get books onto my tablet. Is there a site for plugins that aren't bundled with the APK?
Freakeao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 03:30 PM   #328
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakeao View Post
But one area I'm hoping for more features is the file browser. Is there something that presents more like a library view, where you can group books by (calibre metadata) series?
Nope. The file browser is a file browser. It can show you some metadata but just for the books in the same dir.

There's also a plugin to find calibre metadata. Have a look at the whole thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=335442

If having a view with all your books is important to you I would suggest to try Coolreader or Readera instead. They're all based on Coolreader engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakeao View Post
Is there a site for plugins that aren't bundled with the APK?
Not really. There're a few hosted on github, but you need to search them. For instance https://github.com/search?q=koreader+plugin
Old 12-28-2020, 02:18 PM   #329
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
problem in landscape

Hi, using koreader in landscape mode on my phone, the text is shown cut out of the right side of the display. Can I fix it enabling any setting or anything else?

Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 02:29 PM   #330
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
Hi, using koreader in landscape mode on my phone, the text is shown cut out of the right side of the display. Can I fix it enabling any setting or anything else?

Hw rotation on "notched" devices was disabled in https://github.com/koreader/android-...6baf46661a6bca

Make sure you're using the last version. 2020.12.

If you can still reproduce on last stable feel free to submit a bug report (and attach required info there)