Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 07-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Kipling, Rudyard: Poetry Ballads, Barracks Ballads. v1. 14 July 07

Here's a request for some poetry by Rudyard Kipling, from scottcstoness

Scott(?), one of the problems with poetry (for the Reader when one reads in regualar book-mode) deals with line breaks. This can mess up - well, sometimes, anyway - the mental scansion that occurs as we read poetry, marking off mental accents, meter, etc., things that help us read [scan] what we read, which of course has an effect upon how we read verse. ---- What I'm trying to say is that the way a page is percieved visually can sometimes upset the mental scansion that happens.

I tried to solve that - but only partially, I realize - by reducing the font to size "9." I've always had my font set at "10." If this is too small for you, you can enlarge it. You can also read in horizontal mode.

If point-size "9" doesn't work for you, please let me know and I'll enlarge it back to size "10."

Anyway, this was fun to do. I'm almost finished with a long book of prose by him and, as you know, much of his work has poetry, proverbs, etc. interspersed within his writing. BUT RIGHT NOW, I'M GOING TO GO AND GET A DRINK!!!

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Kipling, Rudyard - Poetry Ballads, Barracks Ballads.lrf (77.5 KB, 1315 views)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-14-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:40 PM   #2
scottcstoness
Enthusiast
scottcstoness began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Here's a request for some poetry by Rudyard Kipling, from scottcstoness

Don
WOW! Thank you thank you thank you!

One of the huge problems with do-it-yourself poetry is the amount of work required to get a book formatted properly, whereas a novel I can just load in to open office, spend a few minutes, and have a relatively nicely formatted .rtf.

I appreciate the work, and as you say, if the lines are set up properly, you can get each line on its own line by reading in horizontal mode...

This is excellent. Thanks again!

Cheers,

ScS
scottcstoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You're very welcome

I'll try to do some more Kipiling.

Roy also just posted some poetry.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:08 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcstoness View Post
WOW! Thank you thank you thank you!

One of the huge problems with do-it-yourself poetry is the amount of work required to get a book formatted properly, whereas a novel I can just load in to open office, spend a few minutes, and have a relatively nicely formatted .rtf.

I appreciate the work, and as you say, if the lines are set up properly, you can get each line on its own line by reading in horizontal mode...

This is excellent. Thanks again!

Cheers,

ScS
But the idea is NOT to do it in RTF, but to format it so it's in a proper LRF format. RTF is ok, but it's not as good as a well done LRF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote