Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-25-2021, 08:37 AM   #1
Debontehond
Debontehond began at the beginning.

Device: Libra H20
Kobo Libra H20 landscape orientation issue

I always use my Libra H20 reader locked in landscape mode. For some reason it ALWAYS starts upside down (with buttons on top instead of on bottom). Is there any way to make it boot right side up?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo Issue.jpeg
Views:	148
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	190441  
Debontehond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:42 AM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
My forma does that whenever I plug it in the wall charger, and sometimes when I plug it into my laptop. But it's different circumstances to your example in that i keep the sleep cover on it, and rarely turn it off.

I find it a curious thing and haven't worked it out either.

Welcome to mobileread
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:09 PM   #3
redlob
Connoisseur
redlob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O edition 2, Kobo Libra 2
Same here on my Libra 2. I hope it will be fixed in a future firmware update...
redlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 12:44 PM   #4
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Ditto with my Libra H2O. I'm a lefty, holding it in portrait.
I guess turning on a Kobo is like dropping a slice of bread and butter.
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 02:05 PM   #5
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I have noticed something similar on the Libra 2.

I like to read in Landscape mode, with buttons at bottom. If the reader goes into sleep mode, then I try to awaken it while holding the reader in landscape mode, it will awaken with text orientated in portrait mode.

I then have to rotate the reader to portrait then back to landscape to get the correct display. See the video below...

https://imgur.com/a/mP6IRQk
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 02:42 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Cathcart View Post
Ditto with my Libra H2O. I'm a lefty, holding it in portrait.
I guess turning on a Kobo is like dropping a slice of bread and butter.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 04:06 PM   #7
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debontehond View Post
I always use my Libra H20 reader locked in landscape mode. For some reason it ALWAYS starts upside down (with buttons on top instead of on bottom). Is there any way to make it boot right side up?
YES! That seems to be the default position. I would like to lock not only the portrait vs. landscape option, but also the orientation relative to the buttons.

I'd also love to see the home screen be able to change to the landscape arrangement.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 09:58 PM   #8
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debontehond View Post
Yep. Same thing on my Forma. It really frosts my shorts. And, if I don't lock it in landscape mode, it will invariably start up in portrait mode (even though I'm holding it in my default landscape mode). And, to get it out of that mode, I have to rotate it first so it flips to the "other" portrait mode and then rotate it into landscape mode (so it's even worse than what Karellen has in that video, above).

Last edited by enuddleyarbl; 12-29-2021 at 10:00 PM.
enuddleyarbl is online now   Reply With Quote